Sensex closes 74 points down (Second Lead)July 25th, 2012 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 25 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Wednesday closed 74 points down. Metal, consumer durables and power stocks mostly came under selling pressure.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,899.01 points, was ruling at 16,844.05 points (provisional), 0.44 percent or 74.03 points down from its previous day’s close at 16,918.08 points.
The BSE metal index was down 206.94 points, followed by the consumer durables index, down 104.86 points, and power index, down 25.77 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.37 percent down at 5,109.25 points.
The main losers were Jindal Steel, down 4.16 percent at Rs.397.45; Tata Steel, down 2.54 percent at Rs.386.90; Hindalco Inds, down 2.35 percent at Rs.114.35; Hindustan Unilever, down 2.32 percent at Rs.465; and Bharti Airtel, down 2.24 percent at Rs.301.25.
Major Sensex gainers were ITC, up 1.56 percent at Rs.254.40; Sun Pharma, up 1.27 percent at Rs.616; Gail India, up 0.53 percent at Rs.344.45; Cipla, up 0.51 percent at Rs.327.50; and Bajaj Auto, up 0.45 percent at Rs.1,566.40.
- Sensex ends 72 points down; metal, consumer durable stocks fall (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 200 points on stronger rupee - May 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex closes 45 points down, realty, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex tanks 324 points in noon trade - May 16, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex gains 146 points, auto banking stocks up (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex falls 126 points on weak rupee and global cues (Lead) - May 30, 2012
Tags: bajaj, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bombay stock exchange, bse, cipla, consumer durables, gainers, inds, itc, losers, metal index, national stock exchange, power index, power stocks, rs 1, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata steel, unilever