Sensex closes 66 points high (Lead)July 5th, 2012 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 5 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 66 points higher Thursday with robust buying in banking, FMCG and power stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,478.16 points, closed at 17,529.15 points (provisional), up 0.38 percent or 66.34 points from its previous close at 17,462.81 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange ended 0.47 percent higher at 5,327.30 points.
The BSE banking index was up 128.12 points, while the FMCG index and the power index were up 51 points and 16.24 points respectively.
Major Sensex gainers were Cipla, up 2.67 percent at Rs.324.45; ICICI Bank, up 2.04 percent at Rs.920.90; Tata Motors, up 1.61 percent at Rs.240; ITC, up 1.58 percent at Rs.250.05; and Maruti Suzuki, up 1.49 percent at Rs.1,240.
The main losers were ONGC, down 2.02 percent at Rs.278.90; Bajaj Auto, down 1.78 percent at Rs.1,555.30; Coal India, down 1.37 percent at Rs.348.95; and Sterlite Inds, down 1.04 at Rs.109.75.
- Sensex gains 75 points, FMCG, banking stocks rise (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 25.63 points; capital goods, health care stocks up - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 71 points down, FMCG, metal stocks plummet (Roundup) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex surges 236 points (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 72 points; tech and reality scrips gain (Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 31 points down (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex down almost 15 points, auto, banking stocks down - Aug 13, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, coal india, fmcg, gainers, high lead, inds, itc, losers, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, power index, power stocks, rs 1, rs 250, sensex, sensitive index, sterlite, tata motors