Sensex closes 54 points up (Lead)June 6th, 2011 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 6 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets Monday closed on a dull note, paring intra-day losses.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 18,344.27 points, closed at 18,430.76 points (provisional), up 54.28 points or 0.3 percent from its previous close at 18,376.48 points.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange ended 0.34 percent higher at 5,535.75 points.
Broader markets ended dull with the BSE midcap index closing 0.25 percent down and the BSE smallcap index up 0.15 percent.
IT, healthcare and telecom scrips rose, while metal and auto stocks ended on the losing side.
- Damp global cues weigh on Indian equities but Sensex manages modest gain (Roundup) - Jun 06, 2011
- Sensex subdued in afternoon trade - Jun 06, 2011
- Sensex closes 80 points up - Nov 04, 2011
- Sensex moves up from intra-day lows, closes 25 points down (Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Sensex closes flat; consumer durable, health care stocks up (Roundup) - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex closed 137 points up (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Sensex snaps out of three-day losing streak (Roundup) - Mar 20, 2012
- Sensex makes up intra-day losses, closes 60 points up (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Sensex closes flat amid volatility (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Benchmark indices subdued, midcaps rise - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex pares gains, closes flat (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex closes 74 points lower (Second Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Sensex closes 68 points up (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Sensex pares losses, closes 142 points down (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012