Sensex closes 35 points down (Second Lead)August 2nd, 2012 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 2 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Thursday closed 35 points lower in volatile trade.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,245.68 points, closed 17,221.69 points (provisional), 0.21 percent or 35.69 points down from its previous day’s close at 17,257.38 points.
It had gained nearly 620 points in the last four sessions.
The BSE oil and gas index was down 81.34 points, followed by banking index, down 34.95 points, and metal index, down 29.49 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.24 percent down at 5,227.75 points.
The main Sensex losers were Tata Motors, down 2.07 percent at Rs.222.60; ONGC, down 1.46 percent at Rs.276.15; Cipla, down 1.26 percent at Rs.349; Sterlite Inds, down 1.18 percent at Rs.104.70; and Tata Power, down 1.05 percent at Rs.98.60.
The major Sensex gainers were NTPC, up 3.84 percent at Rs.163.40; BHEL, up 1.25 percent at Rs.223.05; Bajaj Auto, up 0.94 percent at Rs.1,630; Jindal Steel, up 0.90 percent at Rs.403.50; and Bharti Airtel, up 0.72 percent at Rs.299.70.
- Sensex closes 33 points down (Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex up 222.60 points in noon trade - May 24, 2012
- Sensex marginally down at 16,878 points - May 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 160 points down on low GDP report (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Sensex closes 21 points up (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Day after rally, profit booking pulls down Indian equities (Roundup) - Jul 08, 2011
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: 163, aug 2, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, cipla, gainers, gas index, inds, losers, metal index, national stock exchange, oil and gas, ongc, rs 1, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power