Sensex closes 248 points higher (Second Lead)May 13th, 2011 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 13 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Friday slipped from its intra-day highs but still closed 248 points higher, as traders covered short positions and cheered results of assembly elections.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 18,362.45 points, closed at 18,584.23 points (provisional), up 248.44 points or 1.35 percent from its previous close at 18,335.79 points.
It had moved up to an intra-day high of 18,724.54 points.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange shut shop higher at 5,563.8 points, up 1.42 percent.
Broader markets ended in the green too, with the BSE midcap index closing 0.92 percent up and the BSE smallcap index 0.41 percent up.
- Short covering, state assembly results push Sensex up 195 points (Roundup) - May 13, 2011
- Sensex builds on morning gains, up 370 points in afternoon (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Sensex slips from day's highs to close 286 points up (Second Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex dull in afternoon trade (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Sensex rises in morning session - May 13, 2011
- Sensex down 73 points in volatile trade - Oct 31, 2011
- Sensex closes 71 points up (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex pares losses, closes 142 points down (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Sensex rises above 18,400 points; oil, auto stocks surge - Jun 27, 2011
- Sensex closes 254 points lower (Second Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex recovers to end moderately lower (Second Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Sensex crosses 18,000 points on positive European cues (Roundup) - Sep 12, 2012