Sensex closes 22 points down (Lead)July 13th, 2012 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 13 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 22 points down Friday, weighed down by consumer durable, realty and metal stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened in the positive at 17,269.20 points,closed at 17,209.80 points (provisional) down 0.13 percent or 22.75 points from its previous day close at 17,232.55 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,342.88 points and low of 17,182.29 points in the intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.21 percent down at 5,224.25 points. The Nifty had plunged 1.34 percent or 71.05 points Thursday.
The major Sensex losers were: Jindal Steel, down 3.68 percent at Rs.428.50; Hindalco Inds, down 2.23 percent at Rs.120.30; Tata Power, down 1.98 percent at Rs.98.80; SBI, down 1.80 percent at Rs.2,177 and Infosys, down 1.70 percent at Rs.2,226.75.
The major Sensex gainers were: Hero MotoCorp, up 1.43 percent at Rs.2,088; HDFC Bank, up 1.21 percent at Rs.586.85; TCS, up 1.10 percent at Rs.1249.65; and ONGC, up 0.92 percent at Rs.284.75.
The Sensex had slumped 1.47 percent or 256.59 points Thursday due to a disappointing earnings forecast announced by Infosys.
- Sensex closes in red, consumer durable, realty stocks down (Roundup) - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex up 52 points; TCS, HDFC Bank rise - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex dips 257 points; Infosys, Wipro slump (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, oil and gas, auto stocks down (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex down 75 points, Jindal Steel slumps (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex falls 86 points on profit booking - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex ends 111 points up; TCS, Wipro surge (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Sensex slumps 110 points; IT, metal stocks down (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex down 43 points, IT stocks fall - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex down 37 points, oil and gas, auto stocks fall (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Choppy trading at Indian equities after outlook downgrade - Apr 26, 2012
- Sensex tanks 238 points on poor Infosys growth outlook - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, disappointing earnings, gainers, hero, inds, infosys, losers, metal stocks, national stock exchange, New Delhi, ongc, rs 120, rs 2, sbi, sensex, sensitive index, tata power, tcs