Sensex closes 18 points down (Lead)August 3rd, 2012 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 3 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Friday closed 18 points down, recouping losses made early in the day. Metal, auto and banking stocks were the worst performers.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,164.48 points, closed 17,206.38 points (provisional), 0.10 percent or 17.98 points down from its previous day’s close at 17,224.36 points.
The BSE metal index was down 182.87 points, followed by auto index, down 84.27 points, and banking index, down 83.46 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.25 percent down at 5,214.50 points.
The main Sensex losers were Sterlite Inds, down 2.81 percent at Rs.101.85; Tata Steel, down 2.50 percent at Rs.395.75; Jindal Steel, down 2.41 percent at Rs.394.40; Hindalco Inds, down 2.14 percent at Rs.116.60; and ICICI Bank, down 2.11 percent at Rs.938.50.
The major Sensex gainers were NTPC, up 2.79 percent at Rs.167.85; Wipro, up 1.97 percent at Rs.346.75; ONGC, up 1.43 percent at Rs.280.70; Dr Reddys Lab, up 1.19 percent at Rs.1,665; and HDFC Bank, up 0.95 percent at Rs.588.
- Sensex pares losses, ends 26 points down (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex down 168 points - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 214 points up (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 160 points down on low GDP report (Roundup) - Aug 31, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex tanks 120 points, metal, capital goods stocks down - Sep 05, 2012
- Sensex closes almost 95 points up (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: auto index, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, dr reddys lab, gainers, hdfc, inds, losers, losses, metal index, national stock exchange, ongc, rs 1, sensex, sensitive index, stocks, tata steel, wipro