Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead)July 17th, 2012 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 16 points down Tuesday. Realty, automobile and power stocks were the worst performers.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,176.93 points, closed at 17,086.39 points (provisional) down 0.10 percent or 16.92 points from its previous day close at 17,103.31 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.17 percent down at 5,188.45 points.
The BSE realty index was down 24.99 points. And so were automobile index, down 130.61 points, and power index, down 26.10 points.
The major Sensex losers were: Bajaj Auto, down 2.51 percent at Rs.1,446; TCS, down 1.96 percent at Rs.1,186.45; BHEL, down 1.85 percent at Rs.225.75; Mahindra and Mahindra, down 1.66 percent at Rs.705.80; and Tata Motors, down 1.50 percent at Rs.225.85.
The major Sensex gainers were: Wipro, up 2.10 percent at Rs.363; Dr Reddys Lab, up 1.70 percent at Rs.1,704.04; ITC, up 1.55 percent at Rs.255.80; Sun Pharma, up 1.29 percent at Rs.629; and Coal India, up 0.87 percent at Rs.354.55.
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex closes in red on weak European cues (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 104 points down, realty, bank stocks slump (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: automobile, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, coal india, dr reddys lab, gainers, itc, july 17, losers, mahindra and mahindra, national stock exchange, power index, power stocks, rs 1, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata motors, tcs