Sensex closes 149 points lower (Second Lead)October 12th, 2010 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 12 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities Tuesday closed 149 points lower on across the board selling as lower-than-expected industrial data and weak cues from European markets dampened sentiments.
The 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 20,357.79 points, closed at 20,190.59 points (provisional), down 149.3 points or 0.73 percent from its previous close at 20,339.89 points.
Soon after opening bell, the Sensex had moved to an intra-day high of 20,368.4 points and in noon trade dipped to an intra-day low of 20,107.25 points.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the 50-share S&P CNX Nifty ended at 6,086.3 points, down 0.81 percent.
Broader markets were also in the red with the BSE midcap index ending 0.52 percent down and the BSE smallcap index closing flat.
- Lower industrial output, weak global cues pull down Sensex (Roundup) - Oct 12, 2010
- Lower industrial output pulls down Sensex (Lead) - Oct 12, 2010
- Sensex tumbles in morning trade - Oct 12, 2010
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up as inflation dips (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex makes up intra-day losses, closes 60 points up (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Sensex down 55 points as August derivatives end (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Sensex recovers initial losses, trading flat (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex pares losses, closes 142 points down (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Sensex turns volatile; realty, oil, gas stocks fall - Mar 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex slumps 161 points in noon trade - May 18, 2012
- Sensex pares some losses, closes 148 points down - Oct 20, 2011
- Sensex falls 58 points; IT, metal stocks slump - Apr 10, 2012