Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead)July 9th, 2012 - 5:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 9 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets closed 148 points lower Monday due to a sell-off in metal, power and automobile stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,449.93 points, closed at 17,372.36 points(provisional), down 0.85 percent or 148.76 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.84 percent lower at 5,272.45 points.
The BSE metal index was down 190.27 points, while the power index and the automobile index were down 32.48 points and 126.03 points respectively.
Major Sensex losers were Jindal Steel, down 3.01 percent at Rs.441.45; Hero MoroCorp, down 2.64 percent at Rs.2,029.55; Tata Steel, down 2.45 percent at Rs.436.50; Bajaj Auto, down 2.37 percent at Rs.1,503; Maruti Suzuki, down 2.34 percent at Rs.1,188.20.
The only three Sensex gainers were TCS, up 1.03 percent at Rs.1,259; Dr Reddy’s Lab, up 0.82 percent at Rs.1,646.60 and Hindalco Inds, up 0.08 percent at Rs.124.
- Sensex closes 129 points down; metal, power stocks slump (Roundup) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex gains 146 points, auto banking stocks up (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- RBI measures fail to cheer market, Sensex falls 43 points (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex, Nifty close in red on poor GDP numbers (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 117 points down (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 80 points up, on SBI and rupee shows (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Sensex down 108 points, bank, capital goods stocks fall - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex tanks 324 points in noon trade - May 16, 2012
- Sensex slumps 143 points on weak economic numbers - Jun 01, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points down on weak European cues (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: automobile, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, dr reddy, gainers, hero, hindalco, inds, losers, maruti suzuki, metal index, national stock exchange, power index, rs 1, rs 2, sensex, sensitive index, stocks, tata steel