Sensex closes 144 points up (Second Lead)January 24th, 2011 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 24 (IANS) A benchmark index for an Indian equities market Monday closed 144 points higher amid positive earnings results from a slew of companies, including some blue-chip firms like ICICI Bank, the country’s largest private sector lender.The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 19,095.69 points, closed at 19,151.09 points (provisional) - 144.16 points or 0.76 percent up from its previous close at 19,007.53 points.
The 50-scrip S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange too shut shop in the green at 5,742.35 points, 45.45 points or 0.8 percent higher.
Broader markets also closed among gains as the BSE midcap index ended 0.81 percent up and the BSE smallcap index closed 0.78 percent higher.
- Sensex builds on early gains - Jan 24, 2011
- Sensex holds on to gains (Lead) - Jan 24, 2011
- Sensex closes 172 points lower (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 180 points higher (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Sensex makes up intra-day losses, closes 60 points up (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Sensex ends 137 points lower (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Telecom scrips push Sensex higher - Feb 02, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 155 points lower (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex extends rally to five days (Roundup) - Jun 30, 2011
- Sensex closes 117 points up, metals gain (Roundup) - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 77 points up (Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Markets under pressure, Sensex closes 168 points down (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012