Sensex closes 133 points lower, RIL weighs heavy (Lead)June 17th, 2011 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 17 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets Friday closed 133 points lower, weighed down by selling in heavy weight scrips like RIL.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 18,060.17 points, closed at 17,852.56 points (provisional) — down 133.32 points or 0.74 percent from its previous close at 17,985.88 points.
At BSE, RIL closed 2.32 percent lower at Rs.867.40. This was the sixth successive loss making day for the scrip.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also ended in the red at 5,362.7 points, down 0.67 percent.
Broader markets too closed lower, with the BSE midcap index ending 0.99 percent down and the BSE smallcap index down 1.04 percent.
- Sensex ruling lower, IT, telecom drag broader markets - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex closes 133 points lower, RIL weighs heavy (Roundup) - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012
- Talk of tax treaty with Mauritius spooks Indian markets (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2011
- Sensex down 43 points, IT stocks fall - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex closes dull, IT, metal stocks lose (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex plunges 277 points on weak global cues (Roundup) - Apr 23, 2012
- Talk of tax treaty with Mauritius spooks Indian markets (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Panic selling at Indian equities markets - Jun 20, 2011
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 146.58 points during noon trade - May 11, 2012
- Sensex falls for third straight week on negative cues (Weekly Market Review) - May 12, 2012
- RIL soars but fails to enthuse Sensex (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012