Sensex closes 129 points down (Second Lead)July 11th, 2012 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 11 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Wednesday closed 129 points lower on weak European cues. Realty, auto, and metal stocks came under selling pressure.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), opened at 17,553.97 points and was trading at 17,489.14 points (provisional), down 0.73 percent or 129.21 points from its previous close at 17,618.35 points.
The BSE mid-cap was down 10.79 points and small cap was down 19.22 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed at 5,303.15 points down 0.79 percent.
Traders said a correction in US stocks Tuesday due to poor earnings was the reason for fall in Asia and Europe.
The BSE realty index was down 21.67 points. And so were the automobile index, down 115.69 points, and the metal index, down 122.88 points.
The main losers were Hindalco Inds, down 2.94 percent at Rs.123.85; Wipro, down 2.22 percent at Rs.375.95; Tata Motors, down 2.11 percent at Rs.241.20; RIL, down 1.94 percent at Rs.725.15; and Sterlite Inds, down 1.94 percent at Rs.106.20.
The only three Sensex gainers were Larsen and Toubro up 1.18 percent at Rs.1,434.50; HDFC Bank, up 0.25 percent at Rs.585.90 and NTPC, up 0.25 percent at Rs.160.15.
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex extends losses on week European cues (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up as inflation dips (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex down 108 points, bank, capital goods stocks fall - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex falls on global economic growth worries - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex tanks 132 points, metal, realty stocks down (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes almost 95 points up (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex zooms 439 points on US stimulus, diesel price hike (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 31 points; oil and gas, PSU stocks up - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: asia and europe, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, gainers, inds, larsen and toubro, metal index, metal stocks, mid cap, national stock exchange, ntpc, poor earnings, ril, rs 1, sensitive index, small cap, sterlite, tata motors, wipro