Sensex closes 104 points down, realty, bank stocks slump (Roundup)August 27th, 2012 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 27 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 104 points lower Monday on selling in realty, banks, capital goods, technology and auto stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,769.44 points, closed at 17,678.81 points, 0.59 percent or 104.50 points down from its previous day’s close at 17,783.21 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,820.07 points and a low of 17,662.21 points in intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.68 percent down at 5,350.25 points.
The BSE realty index was down 38.55 points. And so were banking index, down 215.37 points, and the capital goods, down 159.99 points.
The main Sensex losers were Jindal Steel, down 5.16 percent at Rs.377.15; BHEL, down 2.70 percent at Rs.224.20; SBI, down 2.58 percent at Rs.1,845.95; ICICI Bank, down 2.12 percent at Rs.935.45; and Tata Motors, down 1.99 percent at Rs.241.10.
The major gainers were Mahindra and Mahindra, up 1.35 percent at Rs.772.80; RIL, up 0.68 percent at Rs.787.40; Sun Pharma, up 0.67 percent at Rs.669.85; Bajaj Auto, up 0.63 percent at Rs.1,722.85; and Bharti Airtel, up 0.44 percent at Rs.249.10.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei closed 0.16 percent up while Shanghai’s composite index closed 1.74 percent lower. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng closed 0.41 percent down.
At closing bell here, France’s CAC was up 0.30 percent and so was Germany’s DAX, up by 0.41 percent. Britain’s FTSE 100 was flat.
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 117 points down (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex down 168 points - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex up for the third day, rises 38 points - Aug 01, 2012
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex closes in red on weak European cues (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 116 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: asian markets, auto stocks, bank stocks, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, closing bell, composite index, ftse 100, hang seng, national stock exchange, ril, rs 1, sbi, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata motors