Segway X2 And i2 To Make Headway Into IndiaFebruary 9th, 2010 - 8:51 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Feb 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Noted mobile vehicle manufacturer Segway Inc is gearing up to launch its range of electric, self balancing two wheelers in India shortly. For this purpose, the company has formed an alliance with the Bird group. The models made by Segway will be sold from 30 centers of Bird’s all over India. The assembling of the parts will be performed in Gurgaon, according to the available news. The models made by Segway are totally eco friendly and adheres to the zero emission norms. The company has plans to launch its popular X2 and i2 models in India.
The Segway X2 will not set any new speed limit records, but then, it is not meant for driving at high speeds. It can travel at 20kms an hour at its peak speed. It has a wireless controller that comes in handy for regulating the speed, setting direction and taking turns. The i2 model draws its power from the Saphion lithium-ion batteries which can last up to 24 miles after a recharge. However, factors like payload and kind of terrain affects its functionality to an extent. The device can handle a payload of up to 118 kg. The success of the vehicles in India is difficult to predict. The average Indian customer is cost-sensitive and the Segway vehicles retaining for a whopping 3,00000 INR may not find many takers.
The company is aware of the issue and that is why it is targeting the commercial segment rather than individual consumers. It will target areas like airports, malls and large sized factories. The products will be sold in Gurgaon in the beginning.
- Chinese automaker to develop electric car with US partner - Apr 26, 2012
- Cellphone batteries to recharge in 15 minutes - Nov 18, 2011
- Li-ion batteries in electric cars greener than believed - Aug 31, 2010
- Soon, batteries that could recharge within 10 minutes - Jul 18, 2010
- New software makes future electric cars closer to reality - Mar 15, 2011
- China's Geely plans to make world's cheapest car - May 19, 2010
- Now, a futuristic fuel efficient lightweight car - Sep 13, 2011
- Gliding on a Segway down India's grandest boulevard (With Images) - Jul 01, 2012
- Now recharge cellphones in seconds - Mar 21, 2011
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- BMW India launches three variants of BMW XI in Delhi - Dec 23, 2010
- Volvo's futuristic car to use body as battery - Sep 30, 2010
- Scientists create the world's tiniest battery - Dec 10, 2010
- New 3-D nanostructure makes batteries charge quickly and retain capacity - Mar 21, 2011
- Bosch unveils power tools for lawn and garden upkeep - Jul 14, 2010
Tags: 00000, bird group, commercial segment, emission norms, factories, gurgaon, headway, high speeds, lithium, lithium ion batteries, mobile vehicle, payload, peak speed, ranjan, segway, speed limit, two wheelers in india, vehicle manufacturer, x2, zero emission