Security clearance of Global Vectra helicorp cancelledMay 4th, 2012 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 4 (IANS) The government Friday cancelled the security clearance accorded to Global Vectra Helicorp, aviation arm of Ravi Rishi-led Vectra Group which operates a fleet of choppers, after the home ministry raised security concerns about the firm.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is probing an alleged role of the London-based Vectra Group chairman in connection with the multi-crore-rupee Tatra deal and the bribery allegations made by the Army chief.
“We have asked the DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) to cancel all their helicopter operations,” Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh told reporters outside parliament.
“We will also cancel the airport passes given to the employees of the company. We have told Pawan Hans (helicopter company) to fill in the supply gap,” Singh said.
The company refused to confirm the government decision.
With a fleet of 23 choppers, the company operates onshore and offshore operations for oil companies and also caters to tourist travels in the northeast India.
The company operates flight operations to major shrines like Vaishno Devi and during Amarnath Yatra.
Vectra Group of companies is engaged in aviation, heavy engineering, real estate, information and technology and security systems.
- Operations permit of Global Vectra Helicorp suspended - May 07, 2012
- Ravi Rishi's chopper firm challenges permit suspension - May 08, 2012
- Notice to DGCA, home ministry on chopper firm's plea - May 09, 2012
- Government queried on revoking Vectra choppers' licence - May 16, 2012
- Court reserves order on chopper firm's plea (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Chopper firm's director moves court over curbs - May 24, 2012
- DGCA challenges Delhi HC order in Global Vectra case - Sep 19, 2012
- Court stays aviation regulator's curbs on chopper firm - Jun 11, 2012
- Court reserves order on chopper firm's plea - May 29, 2012
- Court seeks report from home ministry, DGCA on Vectra - May 25, 2012
- Global Vectra probe to be over in three weeks, court told - May 18, 2012
- Arunachal MP welcomes setting up of committee to probe Tawang crash - Apr 24, 2011
- Now, e-tickets for chopper ride to Vaishno Devi - Apr 29, 2011
- Tatra deal: CBI searches homes of former army officers - Apr 18, 2012
- Not resuming helicopter service in northeast: Minister - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: ajit singh, army chief, bribery allegations, central bureau of investigation, civil aviation, dgca, directorate general, flight operations, government decision, group chairman, heavy engineering, helicopter company, helicopter operations, home ministry, information and technology, northeast india, offshore operations, real estate information, rishi, security clearance