Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013February 8th, 2011 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 8 (IANS) The second mega hydropower project being developed by Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited (SJVNL) in Himachal Pradesh would be completed by early 2013, a company official said Tuesday.The first stage of head race tunnel of the 412 MW Rampur hydroelectric project in upper Shimla has been achieved and excavation work of powerhouse site, a major component of the project, is in final stages, K.K. Gupta, head of the project, told IANS.
“With the accelerated pace of works, the project is heading for completion by early 2013,” he added.
SJVNL, a joint venture between the central government and the state, is supplying electricity to nine northern states.
In May last year it got listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange.
SJVNL, which commenced commercial generation at its 1,500 MW maiden project in 2003 in Nathpa Jhakri in Kinnaur district, is implementing 10 hydropower projects to add 4,000 MW of capacity.
It is also executing one project each in Nepal and Bhutan, the official said.
The Nathpa Jhakri project generates about 38 million units daily, which is supplied to Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Nod for 66 MW hydropower project in Himachal - Feb 11, 2011
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Record hydropower generation by Himachal plant - Apr 02, 2011
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- Record generation by Himachal hydropower unit - Jun 05, 2010
- SJVNL's net sales up by seven percent - Jul 30, 2010
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- SJVNL's Q3 profit up 20 percent - Jan 21, 2012
- SJVNL aims to generate power worth Rs.1,557 crore - Mar 26, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, central government, chandigarh, excavation work, hydro project, hydroelectric project, hydropower project, hydropower projects, jal, jammu and kashmir, k gupta, kashmir, maiden project, major component, national stock exchange, northern states, rajasthan, uttar pradesh, uttarakhand, vidyut