SEC Officials Suspended For Crying FoulOctober 22nd, 2009 - 6:27 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Oct.22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) SEC, or the Southeastern Conference have suspended it’s crew from officiating in games. The suspension order followed a public reprimand, a rare case. The decree will come into effect on October 31, which was the crew’s next officiating program. The crew will not be allowed to officiate till the fourteenth of November.
According to Mike Slaver, the commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, the committee had to be pulled back from action due to their conduct during a number of matches held over the last few days. He stresses that their’s is the best officiating crew in the country. However, he admits, that at times it is necessary to take strict measures if things go out of hand.
The currently suspended crew, led by referee Marc Curles, had made a number of calls in the last few matches that were unaccounted for. In the Arkansas-Florida game, the Gators were aiming towards a 23-22 win. It was during this match that Referee Marc Curles called a foul, that too a personal one, on Malcolm Sheppard, the defensive lineman of the Arkansas team. It happened in the fourth quarter of the game. It was clearly unnecessary, and moreover, there was no video footage as evidence for his justification. This was not the first offense of the crew. They had also unfairly penalized the receiver of Bulldogs, A.J. Green, in a previous match, because he had celebrated excessively after scoring a touchdown.
According to Charles Bloom, the associate commissioner of Southeastern Conference, this is the first instance in the history of the league to have suspended a football crew. They assure that it will remain a rare case.
- Gator Bowl Decides To Invite MSU And Michigan - Dec 06, 2010
- Olympic water polo referees dropped for blown call - Aug 06, 2012
- Auburn University Registers 52-26 Triumph Over Arkansas State - Sep 05, 2010
- SEC Championship 2010 Gets Exciting For Auburn - Nov 14, 2010
- ACC Championship 2010 To Bring Virginia Tech Against Florida State In Ultimate Showdown - Nov 28, 2010
- Humanitarian Bowl Ends In Favour Of Northern Illinois Huskies - Dec 19, 2010
- Renee Gork Loses Her Job On Account Of Sporting The Hat Of The Florida Gators - Aug 18, 2010
- Radio personality Renee Gork fired for wearing a Gators hat - Aug 18, 2010
- Alabama Defeats Arkansas By 24-20 In NCAA Football - Sep 26, 2010
- Arkansas Radio Broadcaster Renee Gork Fired For Wrong Hat - Aug 18, 2010
- Mark lngram's Game Helps Alabama Win Against Florida - Dec 06, 2009
- Arkansas Radio Personality Renee Gork Fired for Wearing Florida Gators Hat - Aug 18, 2010
- Russia's first: Woman referee to officiate men's match - Mar 22, 2012
- Two players suspended after netball clash (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Olympic handball: Spain slogs to dramatic bronze - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,