Search engine `Simply Hired’ launches first personalized job search experienceJune 3rd, 2010 - 12:48 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai,June 3 (ANI-Business Wire India): Simply Hired, the largest job search engine, today launched the first personalized job search experience by integrating with Facebook.
Job seekers can now utilize their Facebook profile and friends on SimplyHired.co.in to access customized job content to land a job.
Using this new capability, users who log in with Facebook are able to discover jobs based on their current or previous work titles, location, interests and their friends’ companies on SimplyHired.co.in.
From the search results page, job seekers will be able to browse friends’ companies and search for job openings. This changes job search from a passive to an active process by suggesting relevant jobs and helping job seekers to use their existing relationships with friends to help them make connections with potential employers.
Beta testing of this feature has already doubled user engagement on SimplyHired.com, the U.S. version of the site, for users who opt-in. This release includes additional features that allow users to see a company directory listing where all their friends work and jobs at companies they like.
Users can also see companies where they have the highest number of friends and other relevant job-related information. These features are available in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada and India.
“Simply Hired is showing what’s possible when you make it easy to find jobs through friends,” said Ethan Beard, director of the Facebook Developer Network. “Personal relationships and professional networking have always been the best ways to find a new job. By integrating with Facebook, Simply Hired is bringing this to life online and helping users tap into their social connections to personalize the job search process.”
Despite India having a large pool of potential workers, employers across sectors are facing talent shortages because there are not enough sufficiently skilled people available in the right places. As social sites have now eclipsed email in online usage, they will increasingly become an essential tool for job search-allowing job seekers in India to connect with friends and colleagues in similar positions that may be related to their skill set.
“Personalization is the next generation of job search,” said Simply Hired CEO Gautam Godhwani. “Today, Simply Hired takes another significant step toward making job search simple by combining the largest social graph with the largest job database. Finally, your friends can help you find a job online.”
With more than seven million job listings worldwide, Simply Hired (www.SimplyHired.com) is the world’s largest job search engine and recruitment advertising network.
The company powers jobs on over 10,000 network partner sites, and operates global sites in 19 countries and ten languages on five continents.
Simply Hired has raised 22.3 million dollars in funding from venture and individual investors including Foundation Capital, IDG Ventures and News Corporation. The company is privately held and is based in Mountain View, California. (ANI)
- Google acquires Nik Software - Sep 18, 2012
- Monster India launches professional networking application for Facebook - Oct 04, 2011
- How To Find Jobs Through Social Networking Sites - Oct 18, 2010
- Bing to integrate social networking with search results - May 11, 2012
- Facebook makes money from user's data - Apr 17, 2011
- Facebook to embark on a hiring spree next year - Dec 05, 2011
- Google unveils social network to challenge Facebook - Jun 29, 2011
- Number of Facebook friends linked to grey matter - Oct 19, 2011
- Facebook profile 'kills job prospects' - Jan 30, 2010
- Google now restricts Facebook access to Gmail contacts - Nov 06, 2010
- Facebook could be taken to court over alleged tracking - Nov 17, 2011
- Facebook smartphone to be 'released next year' - May 28, 2012
- Location-sharing startup joins Facebook - Dec 06, 2011
- Use social media for job search - Jan 25, 2011
- Microsoft unveils new email service - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: active process, australia canada, beta testing, business wire, company directory, developer network, directory listing, job openings, job search, job seekers, june 3, new job, personal relationships, professional networking, relevant job, search experience, search process, simplyhired, social connections, work titles