Scantily clad women ensure media coverage: Richard BransonMay 22nd, 2009 - 12:40 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, May 22 (DPA) British tycoon Richard Branson said Friday that having scantily clad women at product launches ensured media coverage.
The head of the airlines-to-banking Virgin Group Ltd wrote to Australia’s Adelaide Advertiser in answer to the charge from columnist Amber Petty that it was sexist to have women in bikinis trailing behind him.
“The problem with her argument is that if I promote a product and I line up with three male models, the photo won’t get into your paper and the new business won’t get talked about,” the 59-year-old said.
Petty described Branson as “about as sexy as a pair of those socks you get on international flights” and said the only way he could get in a photograph with beautiful women was to pay for the privilege.
- Richard Branson defends Virgin's overtly sexual advertising - May 22, 2009
- Vietnamese airliner hosts mid-air bikini pageant - Aug 09, 2012
- Goa bans bikini-clad women from advertisements - Jan 10, 2010
- Russian female activists protest corruption by stripping for calendar - Apr 09, 2011
- No bikini beautiful on billboards in Britain any more - Oct 11, 2011
- Men, women look differently at nude ads - Jul 17, 2011
- Nicki Minaj's video banned - Feb 02, 2012
- Fire destroys Richard Branson's island house after lightning strike during Irene - Aug 23, 2011
- Richard Branson injures knee in skiing accident - Jan 14, 2011
- Travel companies go back to risque adverts to boost sales - Oct 14, 2010
- Pammie ad 'too hot' for Australian viewers - Feb 28, 2010
- Pamela Anderson Ad Faces Ban In Canada - Jul 22, 2010
- Russian airline comes up with raunchiest ad ever - Jun 28, 2010
- Miley gives raunchy performance at awards night - Jun 22, 2010
- Branson to work as air hostess on AirAsia flight - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: adelaide advertiser, airlines, amber, australia, beautiful women, columnist, dpa, international flights, male models, media coverage, new business, photograph, privilege, richard branson, scantily clad women, socks, sydney, tycoon, virgin group, women in bikinis