SC notice to government on plea against Cairn-Vedanta dealApril 23rd, 2012 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday issued notice on a plea urging that the acquisition of Cairn India, which holds the nation’s biggest onshore oil block, by Anil Agarwal-promoted Vedanta Resources be declared invalid.
The notice was issued to the government, the Cairn and Vedanta companies and the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation.
The public suit filed by Arun Kumar Agrawal, a financial expert, sought invalidation of government approval for the Cairn Energy-Vedanta deal under which Vedanta acquired 41 the percent stake of Cairn India in the Rajasthan oil block.
- SC notice to government on plea against Cairn-Vedanta deal (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Supreme Court to hear PIL against Cairn-Vedanta deal - Feb 27, 2012
- Vedanta buys out Cairn's India subsidiary - Dec 08, 2011
- Vedanta meets all conditions for stake buy out: Cairn - Dec 07, 2011
- ONGC approves Cairn-Vedanta deal - Sep 28, 2011
- Vedanta to pick up majority stake in Cairn India (Lead) - Aug 16, 2010
- Cairn India shares only moderately up day after stake sale - Apr 20, 2011
- ONGC's interest to be fully protected: Deora - Oct 27, 2010
- Cairn extends deadline for wrapping up deal with Vedanta - May 19, 2011
- Vedanta enters oil prospecting with $8.5-$9.6 bn Cairn deal (Roundup) - Aug 16, 2010
- Group of Ministers to examine Cairn-Vedanta deal - Apr 06, 2011
- Vedanta to pick up majority stake in Cairn India - Aug 16, 2010
- Vedanta merges units to create India's largest resources firm (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- India gives conditional approval to Cairn-Vedanta deal - Jun 30, 2011
- Vedanta-Cairn deal depends on shareholders approval: Khurshid - Aug 25, 2010