SBI cuts fixed deposit rates by up to 1 percentSeptember 5th, 2012 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) The country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) said Wednesday it will cut interest rates on term deposits by 0.50 percent to 1 percent effective from Sep 7.
The sharpest cut of 1 percent will be on the term deposit from 241 days to less than one year period. Interest rate on this term deposit for below Rs.15 lakh amount will be cut to 6.5 percent from the existing 7.5 percent. On amounts above Rs.15 lakh and less than Rs.1 crore, interest rate will be reduced to 7.5 percent from the existing 8 percent.
In most term deposit categories, the reduction in interest rates will be 0.5 percent.
“State Bank of India has decided to revise downwards its retail term deposit rates with effect from Sep 7, 2012,” SBI said in a statement. The revision in interest rates is for the deposits up to Rs.1 crore.
In terms of amount, SBI has three slabs of interest rates - below Rs.15 lakh, from Rs.15 lakh to Rs.1 crore and above Rs.1 crore.
For term deposits from seven days to less than one year on amounts below Rs.15 lakh, the revised interest rates will be 6.5 percent.
For term deposits from one year to less than two years, the interest rate will be cut to 8.5 percent from the existing 9 percent.
However, the interest rates on term deposits from five years to up to 10 years period remains unchanged at 8.5 percent.
Of the total nine maturity periods for retail term deposits, the SBI has announced 0.5 percent cut in six categories, while in one category the cut is by one percent.
In term deposit of 181 days to 240 days period, the rate will be cut by 0.75 percent to 6.5 percent, while in one category the rate remains unchanged.
- SBI cuts interest rates on term deposits - Aug 02, 2012
- SBI cuts interest rates on NRE deposits by 0.50 percent - Sep 05, 2012
- SBI hikes deposit rates by 25-75 bps, keeps base rate steady - Sep 30, 2010
- SBI, PNB hike interest rate on NRE term deposits (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- PNB hikes interest rate on fixed deposit by 0.25 percent - Aug 02, 2012
- SBI, Allahabad Bank cut interest rates - Apr 23, 2012
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- No decision on savings account rate hike: City Union Bank - Nov 05, 2011
- SBI lowers deposit rates by 0.25 percent - Jun 07, 2012
- SBI reduces educational loan rates by up to 1 percent - Feb 27, 2012
- UCO Bank raises prime lending rate by 25 basis points - Aug 09, 2010
- United Bank cuts interest rates on loans above Rs.1 crore - Sep 11, 2012
- Interest rates on small savings raised by up to 0.50 percent - Mar 26, 2012
- SBI withdraws 'teaser' home loans, hikes rates - Apr 20, 2011
- Interest rates on provident fund, post office savings hiked - Nov 11, 2011