Satyam scam: Court dismisses discharge plea of nine accusedOctober 25th, 2010 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 25 (IANS) A local court Monday dismissed discharge petitions of nine accused in the multi-crore rupee accounting scam in Satyam Computer Services.
The discharge petitions filed by all the accused, barring prime accused former company chairman B. Ramalinga Raju, were dismissed by an additional chief metropolitan magistrate (ACCM) court after hearing the arguments of both sides.
The accused, including Ramalinga Raju’s brothers Rama Raju and Suryanarayana Raju and former chief financial officer of Satyam Vadlamani Srinivas, had sought to be discharged from the case claiming that they were not involved in any scam.
The accused urged the court not to take up framing of charges against them.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), however, opposed the petitions of the accused on the ground that there was evidence of their involvement in the scam.
The court adjourned the hearing on framing of charges to Nov 3. All the accused who are on bail appeared before the court.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court Aug 18 granted bail to Ramalinga Raju. The CBI has challenged the decision in the Supreme Court.
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- Satyam scam: Examination of Raju, others adjourned to July 26 - Jul 23, 2010
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Satyam case: Andhra Pradesh High Court grants bail to Raju - Aug 18, 2010
- Andhra High Court adjourns hearing on Raju's bail plea - Aug 05, 2010
- Court dismisses pleas for postponing Satyam trial - Sep 24, 2010
- Supreme Court cancels bail of Raju, five others (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Satyam Ramalinga Raju released on bail - Nov 05, 2011
- Court reserves verdict on Raju's bail plea - Aug 16, 2010
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Five accused in Satyam scam get bail - Jul 20, 2010
- Ramalinga Raju, five others surrender before trial court - Nov 10, 2010
- Former Satyam chief Raju gets bail (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Five accused in Satyam scam get bail (Lead) - Jul 20, 2010
- Apex court cancels bail of Satyam's Raju, five others (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: accounting, andhra pradesh high court, b ramalinga raju, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief financial officer, company chairman, crore, discharge petitions, framing, local court, magistrate, plea, rama raju, rupee, satyam computer services, srinivas, supreme court, suryanarayana