Satyam names four new directorsMay 22nd, 2009 - 7:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 22 (IANS) India’s fourth largest outsourcer Saytam Computers Friday said it has appointed four more directors on its board following a Company Law Board (CLB) directive April 16.
The appointments were also as per a share subscription agreement between Tech Mahindra and its subsidiary Venturbay Capitals, which is acquiring a controlling stake in the scam-hit Satyam.
The four directors, all drawn from Venturbay, are Vineet Nayyar, C.P. Gurnani, Sanjay Kalra and Ulhas N. Yargop, Satyam said in a regulatory statement.
The appointments will come into effect June 1. With this, Satyam now has 10 directors on its board.
The CLB had in January appointed Kiran Karnik, Deepak Parekh, C. Achuthan, Tarun Das, S. Balakrisha Mainak and T.N. Manoharan to constitute the board.
Tech Mahindra had April 22 announced its open offer for a 20-percent additional stake in Satyam Computer at Rs.58 per share, after buying 31 percent equity in the IT bellwether following a global auction.
–Indo-Asia News Service
- Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra merger likely in 8-9 months - Apr 24, 2012
- Gurnani named Mahindra Satyam chief executive - Jun 23, 2009
- Tech Mahindra gets control of Satyam Computer Services (Lead) - Apr 13, 2009
- Tech Mahindra gets Company Law Board nod for Satyam buy - Apr 16, 2009
- Tech Mahindra wins bid for Satyam Computer - Apr 13, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam-Tech Mahindra merger put on hold - Feb 14, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam merger with Tech Mahindra likely next year - May 23, 2011
- Satyam receives bids, board extends meeting by a day - Mar 20, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam's merger with Tech Mahindra next year - Nov 10, 2011
- Highlights of Tech Mahindra's winning bid for Satyam - Apr 13, 2009
- Tech Mahindra to announce 20 percent open offer for Satyam Tuesday - Apr 20, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam to hire 4,000 associates this quarter - Apr 13, 2010
- Satyam gets strategic investor, fresh lease of life (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam posts flat Q1, Q2 revenues (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Tech Mahindra deposits funds for Satyam stake buy - Apr 20, 2009
Tags: ank, appointments, ash, asia news, bellwether, capitals, deepak parekh, dg, global auction, indo asia, kalra, New Delhi, news service, outsourcer, sanjay, satyam, stake, subscription agreement, tarun, tech mahindra