Satyam has Rs.373 crore bank balance (Lead)June 9th, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 9 (IANS) India’s fraud-hit IT giant Satyam Computer Services Tuesday said it had a bank balance of Rs.373 crore (about $75 million) at the end of March 2009, but at the same time, it also had a Rs.460-crore loan outstanding.
At the beginning of the year, the IT giant’s outstanding loan stood at Rs.200 crore. The company later repaid Rs.100 crore before raising Rs.369 crore in fresh loans in the first quarter, Satyam said in a regulatory statement.
“The company’s total bank balances as on March 31, 2009, were Rs.373 crore. Out of the sanctioned loan limit, as on March 31, 2009, the company had availed loans worth Rs.469 crore ($93.8 million),” the filing said.
The company registered a profit after tax (PAT) of Rs.181 crore in the quarter ended Dec 31, 2008, the IT bellwether said.
Satyam had earlier furnished the details on a non-disclosure agreement to its bidders.
“Such information was provided to select bidders subject to the execution of a non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreement,” the company said.
Satyam’s export turnover during the quarter was Rs.2,194 crore, while domestic earnings were reported at Rs.100 crore.
During January, when the gross discrepancies in the balance sheet came into light, the IT exporter reported a minuscule PAT of Rs.5 crore.
In February, its profit soared to Rs.52 crore though revenues dropped to Rs.676 crore, the statement said.
This is the first publicly disclosed earnings estimates from Satyam since the disgraced former chairman Ramalinga Raju confessed inflating the company’s balance sheet and assets by Rs.7,800 crore or more than $1.6 billion
- Satyam starts procedure to sell 51 percent stake - Mar 09, 2009
- NTPC's third quarter net profit at Rs.2,371.48 crore - Jan 31, 2011
- Mahindra Satyam reports loss due to lawsuit settlements (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Fraud-hit Satyam has Rs.373 crore bank balance - Jun 09, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam net profit at Rs.534 crore - May 17, 2012
- Satyam board discusses expressions of interest by bidders - Mar 13, 2009
- Mahindra Satyam reports net loss due to lawsuit settlements - May 23, 2011
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Mahindra Satyam quarterly net profit rises 56 percent - Aug 02, 2012
- Berger Paints net rises 31 percent in Q4 - May 15, 2010
- Dr. Reddy's Lab Q4 net profit down 34 percent - May 13, 2011
- JSW Steel's net falls 1.35 percent - Oct 26, 2010
- Bajaj Auto net profit soars 163 percent - May 18, 2011
- HDFC quarterly net profit rises 10 percent - Jan 12, 2012
- IT department freezes accounts of Mahindra Satyam (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: assets, balance sheet, bank balance, bank balances, bellwether, bidders, computer services, crore, discrepancies, earnings estimates, execution, export turnover, first quarter, fraud, loan limit, loans, non disclosure agreement, non solicitation agreement, rs 200, solicitation