Satyam board meets to discuss on induction of a strategic partnerFebruary 21st, 2009 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
Hyderabad, Feb 21 (ANI): The Satyam Computers Services board began it’’s meeting here today to figure out the process of finding a strategic partner for the scam hit IT company.
The board will discuss the Company Law Board’’s recent approval on inducting a strategic partner and consider the way of finding a suitable one for itself.
Various suitors, including Larsen and Toubro, the Spice Group and the Hinduja Group have expressed an interest in acquiring a stake in the 7800 crore fraud-hit Satyam.
The Company Law Board on Thursday allowed the Government-appointed board to bring in a strategic investor through an open bidding process. For this purpose, the CLB also permitted the board to increase the authorised share capital and issue preferential shares.
Currently, the authorised capital of Satyam is 80 crore shares of Rs 2 each, of which 67.3 crore shares have already been issued. The CLB has authorised the Satyam board to pass a resolution to amend the capital clause of the memorandum of association to raise its authorised capital.
Accordingly, the authorised capital of Satyam is likely to increase from Rs 160 crore comprising 80 crore shares, to Rs 280 crore comprising 140 crore shares. (ANI)
- Satyam's new owner likely to be known Monday - Apr 12, 2009
- Tech Mahindra gets control of Satyam Computer Services (Lead) - Apr 13, 2009
- L&T studying permission given to Satyam to get strategic investor - Feb 20, 2009
- Tech Mahindra wins bid for Satyam Computer - Apr 13, 2009
- Court seeks Unitech Wireless reply on Telenor plea - Jun 20, 2012
- Winning bid lifts Tech Mahindra shares, Satyam up too (Lead) - Apr 13, 2009
- Company Law Board restricts Uninor from auctioning assets - Aug 09, 2012
- Satyam gets strategic investor, fresh lease of life (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2009
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.797 crore order - Aug 25, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags order worth Rs.3,500 crore - May 16, 2011
- Tech Mahindra gets Company Law Board nod for Satyam buy (Lead) - Apr 16, 2009
- Unitech moves company law board against Telenor - Oct 11, 2011
- Satyam to invite bids for strategic partner, says Karnik - Mar 02, 2009
- Winning bid lifts Tech Mahindra, Satyam shares - Apr 13, 2009
- Tech Mahindra to be Satyam's new owner - Apr 13, 2009
Tags: authorised capital, authorised share capital, clb, crore fraud, hinduja group, induction, investor, larsen and toubro, memorandum of association, open bidding, preferential shares, rs 2, satyam computers services, spice group, stake, strategic partner, suitors