Satyam acquires Motorola software unit in MalaysiaNovember 10th, 2008 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Nov 10 (IANS) Leading IT firm Satyam Computer Services has acquired Motorola’s software development facility at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, the company said Monday.”Post-acquisition, all the 128 employees of Motorola’s subsidiary will shift to Satyam along with the unit’s assets,” the Hyderabad-based company said in a statement.
Satyam, however, did not disclose the value of the acquisition.
The Malaysian software centre at Cyberjaya is part of the global telecom major’s home and networks mobility business and focuses on network management system development.
“The strategic buyout will create synergies and boost our competitiveness in Malaysia and Asia-Pacific region. We will strengthen it by integrating with our product engineering services to network equipment providers and operators in element management, mobile solutions and access networks,” Satyam technology business unit head Nishith Mathur said in the statement.
The buyout process is expected to be completed by Dec 31.
Motorola will also contract with Satyam for developing services of its network management software.
“The partnership with Motorola reinforces the promise of the Cyberjaya multimedia super corridor to attract new and dynamic research and development ecosystems,” Satyam’s rest of the world region head Virender Aggarwal noted.
Satyam is developing a 15-acre campus in the super corridor to create operational efficiencies for related development projects and career opportunities to its new employees.
Motorola employees joining Satyam will have access to world-class training programmes to gain career development opportunities.
The three-decade old Motorola Malaysia has been a leading manufacturer of wireless communications solutions and accessories for the global market.
- Mahindra Satyam to expand operations in Malaysia - Dec 01, 2009
- Google to cut 4,000 jobs at Motorola Mobility - Aug 14, 2012
- Wipro buys Australian analytics firm - May 01, 2012
- Google buys Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion - Aug 16, 2011
- Two-fold jump in Mahindra Satyam's net profit - Aug 10, 2011
- Google to buy Motorola Mobility for $12.5 bn - Aug 16, 2011
- IBM unveils new virtual desktop solution in India - May 11, 2011
- CA, Mahindra set up joint research centre - Apr 24, 2012
- Vodafone Foundation to provide education in 1,000 schools - Apr 26, 2012
- Saab India Technology Centre opens in Hyderabad - Oct 21, 2011
- IMImobile deploys IBM software - Mar 06, 2012
- AT&T introduces the Motorola ES400, a durable device designed for business - Oct 06, 2010
- Nokia Siemens networks in 1.2-bn deal for Motorola - Jul 19, 2010
- Pressmart launches tablet-based education solution - Jul 02, 2012
- Aditi Technologies acquires US cloud computing firm - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: asia pacific region, career development opportunities, motorola employees, network equipment providers, network management software, network management system, operational efficiencies, software development facility, strategic buyout, wireless communications solutions