Satluj Jal Vidyut to set up 40-MW plant in Himachal PradeshOctober 6th, 2008 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Oct 6 (IANS) The state-run hydroelectric major Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVN), which has four power projects to its credit in Himachal Pradesh, will set up another one in Hamirpur district at an investment of Rs.2.5 billion ($55.5 million), a company official said Monday.”The state government has asked us to start the survey and investigation work for the 40-MW Dhola-Sidh hydel project in Hamirpur district,” SJVN deputy general manager Vijay Verma told IANS.
This will be the maiden power project in the low-lying hills of Hamirpur district.
“The preliminary investigations are likely to be completed by March 31, 2009, after which the construction work would begin. The project would cost more than Rs.250 crore (Rs.2.5 billion),” Verma said.
But the state government is yet to sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the SJVN.
“We are awaiting the central government’s clearance regarding terms and conditions for the project execution. Once we get the green light, we will sign the MoU with the state government,” he said.
The company signed the first agreement with the state in 1991 to execute the 1,500-MW Nathpa Jhakri project in Kinnaur district.
The project, which commenced commercial generation in September 2003, produced an all-time high power generation of 6,448 million units last year.
SJVN is also executing 412-MW Rampur project in Shimla district.
“The Rs.2,000-crore (Rs.20 billion) Rampur project will be commissioned by 2012. Right now, 30 percent of the construction work has been completed,” Verma said.
Similarly, SJVN is developing the 775-MW Luhri hydro project in Shimla district and the 1,020-MW Khab hydro project in Kinnaur district.
“We are in the process to become a 4,000-MW company by the end of the 11th plan for which a number of projects in Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand have been taken up,” SJVN chairman and managing director H.K. Sharma said.
- SJVNL aims to generate power worth Rs.1,557 crore - Mar 26, 2012
- Himachal Pradesh inks deal with Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam - Oct 28, 2008
- SJVNL's Q3 profit up 20 percent - Jan 21, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Clamour against hydropower grows louder in Himachal - Jun 30, 2011
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- Villagers oppose Himachal hydro project - May 08, 2011
- Nod for 66 MW hydropower project in Himachal - Feb 11, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Hydropower firms owe Rs.264 crore to Himachal government - Aug 28, 2012
- SJVNL upgrades Dhaula Sidh hydropower project in Himachal - Dec 20, 2009
- Hydropower generation resumes in Himachal - Jul 30, 2012
- Protect interests of tribals, panel tells Himachal - Jul 15, 2011