Satluj Jal Vidyut pays Rs.825 mn dividend to governmentFebruary 17th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Feb 17 (IANS) Indian public sector hydropower undertaking Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN), which operates the 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri hydropower project in Himachal Pradesh, Tuesday paid an interim dividend of Rs.825 million (Rs.82.5 crore) to the central government for this financial year, the company said.
Company chairman and managing director H.K. Sharma handed over the dividend cheque for the amount to Power Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde in Delhi.
Satluj Jal Vidyut is a joint venture between the Himachal Pradesh government and the central government, which holds 75 percent share in the company.
Last year, it had entered into an agreement with the Nepal government for the implementation of a power project there.
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.328.20 crore dividend - Sep 17, 2010
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Record power generation by Himachal plant - Apr 01, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.330.93 crore dividend - Aug 27, 2011
- SJVNL net profit in 2009-10 at Rs.972 crore - Jul 06, 2010
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
- Nod for 66 MW hydropower project in Himachal - Feb 11, 2011
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: central government, company chairman, crore, dividend cheque, himachal pradesh government, hydropower project, implementation, interim dividend, jal, joint venture, managing director, mw, nepal government, power minister, public sector, shinde, sjvn, sushil kumar, undertaking, vidyut