Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam declares Rs.2.44 bn dividendSeptember 27th, 2008 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 27 (IANS) Government-run hydroelectric major Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam (SJVN), which is operating the 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri Hydropower Project in Himachal Pradesh, has declared its highest dividend of Rs.2.44 billion ($53 million) for 2007-08.”This year’s dividend was the highest so far,” SJVN deputy general manager V.K. Verma told IANS Saturday.
He added that the company had achieved a record net profit of Rs.7.64 billion during the period against Rs.7.37 billion of 2006-07.
SJVN is a joint venture between the central government and Himachal Pradesh state government, with the former having 75 percent stake.
SJVN last fiscal produced 6,449 million units of electricity against 6,448 million units of the previous year.
The Nathpa Jhakri project in Kinnaur district, the maiden project of SJVN, commenced commercial generation from its six units of 250 MW each in September 2003.
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- Hydropower projects remain shut, north India hit - Jul 26, 2011
- Record hydropower generation by Himachal plant - Apr 02, 2011
- Hydropower generation resumes in Himachal - Jul 30, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.330.93 crore dividend - Aug 27, 2011
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011