Sandisk unveils latest flash drivesJune 20th, 2012 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 20 (IANS) Global major in storage memory, SanDisk Corp Wednesday unveiled in the Indian market four high-capacity flash drives for smart devices such as smart phones, tablets and digital cameras.
“The new USB (universal serial bus) drives offer consumers the storage they need to carry libraries of digital content with them wherever they go, transfer files quickly to play mobile games, e-mail, photo capture and video recording,” SanDisk India director Manisha Sood told reporters here at a preview of the products.
The US-based firm also launched the high-performance memory card for mobile devices and PDAs (personal digital assistants).
The new memory card is also ideal for smart phones and tablet users to boost their device’s storage capacity.
“As a key market, India serves as the perfect launch pad for our new USB flash drives and industry-leading memory card, which offer compelling benefits to consumers, ranging from fast file transfers and large capacities to stylish reliable storage,” Sood said.
The new flash drives and memory card will be available in India from the third quarter of this year through retail vendors.
- Targeting India's young, Sandisk unveils news flash drives, memory card - Jun 19, 2012
- Black Friday 2010 Brings Bonanza For Gadget Lovers - Nov 18, 2010
- RIM ties up with Dolby for its audio technology - Sep 13, 2011
- Kingston Technology Company releases 64GB memory card - Jun 02, 2010
- Battery invention could lead to new phone designs - Aug 07, 2012
- Mexico launches kiosks for music, video downloads - Jun 17, 2011
- Seagate 1.5TB GoFlex Portable Drive - Sep 24, 2010
- HCL Infosystems launches Rs.10,490 tablet in India - Oct 14, 2011
- Nanowires to give computers "racetrack memory" - Feb 24, 2010
- A look at three low-cost tablets (To go with tablet market story) - Aug 12, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- This supercomputer can process tsunami of data! - Apr 25, 2011
- You can now destroy lost memory stick - Apr 17, 2012
- Micromax launches world's lightest touch phone - Oct 20, 2010
- Smartphones to have computing power of desktops - Jul 17, 2012
Tags: digital cameras, e mail, file transfers, launch pad, mail photo, manisha, market india, memory card, performance memory, personal digital assistants, retail vendors, sandisk corp, smart devices, smart phones, sood, storage capacity, storage memory, universal serial bus, usb flash drives, video recording