Samsung to offer scholarships to IIM-A studentsJune 2nd, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 2 (IANS) Digital technology firm Samsung India Electronics Thursday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) to roll out a scholarship programme for its students.
Under the programme, five meritorious students from the first year batch of the management course will be selected for the Samsung scholarship which will fund the second year of their course.
Additionally, the selected students will get an opportunity to engage and interact with the company’s senior management to facilitate better understanding and greater knowledge sharing.
The MoU was signed by J.S. Shin, chief executive officer and president of Samsung, south-west Asia, and Samir Barua, director of IIM-A at the institute’s campus.
Shin said the programme seeks to grow beyond providing financial support to the students to encompass a healthy industry-academia partnership.
“As part of this programme, we would like to give these students a healthy exposure to our company and our industry so that we can contribute to the holistic development of these students,” he said.
Barua hoped that such partnerships will contribute towards efforts to engage meaningfully with the industry and enhance opportunities for students to connect with the real world.
- ONGC refuels Tezpur Varsity's Centre for Petroleum Biotechnology - May 04, 2010
- IIM-A seeks restoration of powers - Jul 22, 2011
- IIM-A developing sports management course - Jun 23, 2010
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (with images) - Apr 13, 2012
- IIM-Shillong will teach about China's growth story - Jan 31, 2012
- MTNL inks pact with Welingkar to train talent for telecom industry - Sep 07, 2012
- ISB signs MoU to offer executive education in Pakistan (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- IIM-Lucknow signs accord with US B-school - Sep 01, 2011
- IIM-Shillong, NSE to offer course in financial markets - Jun 29, 2012
- External review, more autonomy for IIMs mooted - Nov 02, 2011
- ISB signs MoU to provide executive education in Middle East - May 17, 2012
- Gujarat to focus on education in a big way: Modi - Dec 27, 2010
- Europe Asia Business School hosts IIM Ahmedabad Confluence 2010 in Pune - Nov 23, 2010
- AMU, Colombo varsity sign MoU - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: academia, barua, chief executive officer, digital technology, holistic development, indian institute of management, indian institute of management ahmedabad, institute of management, management course, memorandum of understanding, meritorious students, mou, real world, samir, samsung india electronics, scholarship, scholarships, senior management, south west asia, technology firm