Samsung to launch more footage for its 3D TV serviceMay 16th, 2011 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 16 (IANS) Electronics giant Samsung will be providing owners of its 3D TV sets more 3D documentaries and film trailers than are currently available, its UK office here said.
Andy Griffiths, the company’s UK Consumer Electronics Vice-President, said that Samsung was “clearly not a broadcaster”, but added that owners of 3D TV were frustrated that a comparatively limited amount of footage was available, especially if they did not pay TV subscriptions.
Limited numbers of trailers for 3D films will be made available via the web to owners of 2011 and compatible 2010 models from today, as will a small number of “lifestyle documentaries” such as those made by car manufacturers.
Griffiths said the initial offering would be expanded over the course of the year, the Telegraph reported.
“The demand for 3D is growing rapidly, but only a handful of channels are providing content. Samsung has led the 3D LED TV market since it launched last year, and the roll-out of our 3D video-on-demand service demonstrates our commitment to accelerating its growth,” he said.
The introduction of 3D content, however, is a strategy to persuade TV consumers that 3D and Smart TV technologies offer sufficient incentives for them to buy a new TV set, even if they already own a fairly new high-definition model.
- MTNL partners DigiVive to provide mobile TV services - May 19, 2011
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- Samsung unveils high definition 3D TVs - Aug 04, 2010
- BIGFlix inks deal with UTV for popular titles - Jan 30, 2012
- China to have 3D TV channel - Dec 28, 2011
- Bharti Airtel launches 4G services in Bangalore - May 07, 2012
- Samsung unveils product portfolio for 2011 - Apr 13, 2011
- Choice the buzzword, as consumers pampered like never before (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 25, 2010
- New managing director takes charge of Samsung India - Jan 09, 2012
- World's leading electronics fair opens in Berlin - Sep 04, 2011
- Samsung launches new tablet in Indian market - Jan 11, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt taps digital medium boom for wider reach - Sep 06, 2012
- Videocon d2h launches satellite LCDs - Sep 14, 2010
- LG is leader in Mexico's 3D TV market - Feb 09, 2012
- MGM Join Hands With Lovefilm in UK - Aug 28, 2010
Tags: 3d films, 3d tv, andy griffiths, broadcaster, car manufacturers, documentaries, film trailers, giant, handful, high definition, incentives, initial offering, new tv, samsung, smart tv, telegraph, tv market, tv service, tv technologies, video on demand