Samsung launches ultra notebook series in IndiaFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) South Korean Samsung Electronics Thursday launched its Series 5 Ultra Notebooks, priced between Rs.48,990 and 54,390, in the Indian market.
The notebooks are powered by Intel Core i5 processors and available in 13- and 14-inch sizes.
“The launch of Samsung Ultrabooks will strengthen our NotePC (personal computer) offering in the consumer space and together with our enhanced NotePC lineup will help us to significantly consolidate our position in the Indian market,” said Rajit Yadav, country head, Samsung Mobile and IT (information technology).
“With the launch of Samsung Ultrabooks, we are creating a new segment within the notebook space.”
Currently, the company’s laptops are available in the range of Rs.14,990 and Rs.100,000.
Asked to compare the device with tablets, Yadav said the tablet eco-system was still building up and the two devices had different applications.
“Tablet is a consumption device basically used for downloading and multi-media stuff… besides we want to give users a choice,” Yadav said, adding that tablets would not at all affect the laptop market at least for the next couple of years.
Yadav said almost 55 percent of the company’s India revenue came from the mobile and Information Technology segment.
- Wipro unveils slimmest ultrabook for Indian market - Feb 21, 2012
- Samsung launches premium notebook for Rs.1,02,990 in India - Aug 31, 2012
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- PC sales in India may rise to 12.71 million in 2012 - Aug 31, 2011
- HP eyes 21.5 percent market share in consumer notebook segment - Jun 20, 2012
- Sony enters Indian tablet market - Dec 14, 2011
- Samsung to launch cheaper smartphones for India - Mar 18, 2012
- Mini-laptop market to shrink by 40 mn in 2012 - Dec 08, 2011
- HP unveils tablet - Nov 04, 2011
- Motorola XOOM tablet launched in India - Jun 28, 2011
- China's G'Five to launch 3G tablets at Rs.10,000 by June-end - May 24, 2011
- RIM offers over 50 percent discount on PlayBook tablets - Dec 28, 2011
- Samsung launches smart TV for Indian market - Mar 18, 2012
- From apparel to laptop accessories, Satya Paul explores new avenues - Jun 07, 2012
Tags: consumer space, consumption, India, information technology, intel, laptop market, laptops, launch, multi media, New Delhi, notebook series, notebooks, personal computer, processors, revenue came from, samsung, samsung electronics, samsung mobile, south korean, technology segment