Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010January 20th, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 20 (IANS) The Indian arm of Korean consumer durable major Samsung posted a turnover of $3.5 billion (over Rs.15,935 crore) during 2010 and has set a growth target of 40 percent this year, a senior company official said here Thursday.Samsung India deputy managing director Ravinder Zutshi told reporters that the company achieved 58 percent growth in 2010 compared to the 2009 figure.
He said the $3.5 billion turnover last year covers all three segments of consumer electronics, mobiles and information technology.
The company, which launched a new range of split air-conditioners Thursday, believes that flat panel TVs, home appliances, refrigerators and air-conditioners would the major growth drivers in the current year.
Samsung, which has so far invested $350 million in flat panel business, is targeting sale of 1.5 million units in 2011.
“Ours is the only company which is manufacturing 3D, LED and LCD at its manufacturing bases in India,” Zusthi said.
The firm has two manufacturing facilities at Sriperambudur near Chennai and at Noida in Uttar Pradesh for manufacturing flat panels, refrigerators, air conditioners and washing machines.
It plans to invest $10 million dollars to ramp up manufacturing of air conditioners.
“We are looking at 37 percent growth in split air conditioners during 2011,” he said.
During 2010, three million air conditioners were sold in India and this is expected to go up to 3.6 million during 2011. Samsung, which is number two in the air conditioner market, sold 650,000 units last year and has targeted 800,000 units this year.
It also unveiled a new range of split air conditioners ‘Invincia’ and ‘Purista’ boasting of superior technology and efficient power consumption.
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Hitachi eyes 10 pc market share in AC segment in 2011 - Feb 03, 2011
- Air-conditioner sales to grow this summer - Mar 08, 2012
- Emerson Climate eyes 1.5-tonne split-AC compressor segment - May 23, 2012
- Panasonic India targets Rs.3,000 crore turnover - Dec 22, 2010
- Samsung to make India production hub for consumer electronics - Nov 26, 2010
- Daikin India to commission room air conditioner line in July - Feb 21, 2012
- Hitachi to double its India turover by 2013 - Feb 09, 2011
- Blue Star eyes 9 percent market share in room air-conditioning - Jan 24, 2011
- Consumer durables prices to go up again - Jun 10, 2012
- Samsung launches 3-day all-India free service camp - Mar 10, 2011
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- Samsung India plans 40 percent turnover growth to clock $5 bn - Sep 09, 2011
- Diwali glitter in Mumbai despite inflation! - Oct 24, 2011
- Technician killed in compressor blast - Apr 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,