Samsung Electronics posts $5 bn operating profitApril 27th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, April 27 (IANS) Samsung Electronics posted its fresh record high of operating profit in the first quarter, a regulatory filing showed Friday.
Consolidated operating profit reached a new record of 5.85 trillion won ($5.16 billion) in the first quarter, up a whopping 98.42 percent from a year earlier, according to the regulatory filing. From three months before, the figure jumped 10.46 percent, reported Xinhua.
The results were larger than the company’s preliminary estimate of 5.8 trillion won ($5.12 billion) announced earlier this month, and it topped the previous record high of 5.3 trillion won ($4.68 billion) tallied in the fourth quarter of 2011.
Sales expanded 22.4 percent on-year to 45.27 trillion won ($39.9 billion) in the three months ending March 31, and net profit surged 81.29 percent to 5.05 trillion won ($4.46 billion). The revenue results were slightly higher than an earlier estimate of 45 trillion won ($39.8 billion).
- Samsung Electronics posts operating profit - Jul 27, 2012
- Samsung Electronics expects record operating profit - Jul 06, 2012
- Hyundai Motor posts $2 bn operating profit in Q1 - Apr 26, 2012
- Samsung Electronics' operating profit grows 13 percent in Q3 - Oct 28, 2011
- LG Electronics posts operating profit - Jul 25, 2012
- LG Electronics posts $394 mn operating profit - Apr 25, 2012
- Hyundai Motor posts operating profit - Jul 26, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- Chinese banks post record profits - Feb 19, 2012
- POSCO's operating profit drops in Q1 - Apr 20, 2012
- South Korea's short-term foreign debts hit four-year low - Feb 21, 2012
- South Korea's trade surplus reduces - Jul 16, 2012
- South Korean firms' profitability weakens in Q3 - Dec 20, 2011
- Chinese economy expands 9.7 percent in first quarter of 2011 (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- JPMorgan Chase earnings miss Wall Street expectations - Jan 14, 2012