Samsung Electronics expects record operating profitJuly 6th, 2012 - 2:01 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, July 6 (IANS) Samsung Electronics estimated Friday its operating profit for the second quarter to set a new record quarterly high.
The preliminary operating profit unveiled by Samsung was estimated at 6.7 trillion won ($5.89 billion) in the April-June period, up 78.67 percent from a year earlier, and topping the previous record high of 5.85 trillion won tallied in the prior quarter, reported Xinhua.
Sales were estimated at 47 trillion won ($41.34 billion) in the three months ending June 30, up 19.17 percent from a year before. The figure was up 3.82 percent from three months earlier.
Samsung did not unveil its estimate for net profit and a breakdown of each division. The final results will be announced later this month after auditing and the approval of board of directors.
- Samsung Electronics posts operating profit - Jul 27, 2012
- Samsung Electronics posts $5 bn operating profit - Apr 27, 2012
- Samsung Electronics' operating profit grows 13 percent in Q3 - Oct 28, 2011
- Hyundai Motor posts operating profit - Jul 26, 2012
- LG Electronics posts operating profit - Jul 25, 2012
- Hyundai Motor posts $2 bn operating profit in Q1 - Apr 26, 2012
- Samsung Electronics posts record second-quarter profit - Jul 30, 2010
- LG Electronics posts $394 mn operating profit - Apr 25, 2012
- POSCO's operating profit drops in Q1 - Apr 20, 2012
- South Korean firms' profitability weakens in Q3 - Dec 20, 2011
- LG Electronics' earnings turns into red in Q3 - Oct 26, 2011
- Honda Motor quarterly net profit surges - Jul 31, 2012
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy smartphone - May 04, 2012
- South Korea's auto exports grow - Jul 30, 2012
- South Korea's Q2 GDP growth revised down - Sep 06, 2012