Sam Pitroda’s C-Sam in pact for secure mobile transactionsSeptember 9th, 2009 - 1:09 pm ICT by IANS
Chicago, Sep 9 (IANS) C-Sam, a technology company founded by Sam Pitroda, and Germany-based Giesecke and Devrient, have signed an agreement to integrate and leverage their respective expertise in the area of transactions over mobile phones.
The pact allows them to offer customers a comprehensive secure transaction platform for mobile payments and other value added services such as mobile banking, money-transfers, ticketing, bill and premium payments and advertising.
The two companies will target a host of potential clients worldwide, including banks, telecom companies, merchants, service providers and governments, a joint statement by them said.
“Our vision is to recreate the ‘leather wallet’ metaphor on mobile phones, providing the consumers with convenience, flexibility and security,” said Mehul Desai, chief operating officer of C-Sam.
“This partnership brings us one step closer to realising our vision of transforming the four billion mobile phones worldwide into true digital wallets, with rich features and functionalities for consumers, supported by the requisite security for the providers.”
Kai Grassie, head of new business for Giesecke and Devrient, said the agreement was an opportunity to work with another application provider in the area that is necessary for valuable mobile applications like payments and banking.
C-Sam markets two main solutions — M-Payments and M-City — while Giesecke and Devrient has a new mobile micro card with the features of a regular smart card, which just needs to be inserted into a mobile phone’s card slot.
- MasterCard, C-SAM to jointly offer mobile wallet service - May 18, 2012
- Pitroda creation creates waves in mobile commerce market - Aug 06, 2011
- Pitroda now promises 'digital wallet' in mobiles - Sep 08, 2010
- Digital wallets will subsume paper money in 30 years: Sam Pitroda (Interview) - Sep 11, 2010
- Google to turn your smartphones into credit cards! - Mar 30, 2011
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- Airtel launches online payment system in Africa - Sep 15, 2011
- Ericsson launches mobile money services - Feb 03, 2011
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- Reliance Communications launches mobile banking with SBI - Apr 20, 2011
- Bharti Airtel granted license for mobile payment service - Sep 15, 2010
- Soon, you could 'swipe' your iPhone instead of a credit card! - Jan 27, 2011
- IMImobile announces partnership with Tree Worldwide - May 03, 2012
- RBI permits PayPal exporters $3,000 per transaction - Oct 15, 2011
- Get ready to pay for mobile banking service from April 2011 - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: application provider, card slot, desai, digital wallets, functionalities, giesecke and devrient, leather wallet, mehul, mobile applications, mobile banking, mobile payments, mobile transactions, money transfers, rich features, sam pitroda, secure transaction, smart card, telecom companies, transaction platform, value added services