SAIL’s Bhilai unit bags PM’s trophy for 10th timeJanuary 13th, 2012 - 3:32 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 13 (IANS) The Bhilai Steel Plant, the flagship unit of India’s largest public sector steel maker, Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL), has won the prestigious Prime Minister’s Trophy for the 10th time, a statement said Friday.
The plant, which is based in Chhattisgarh’s Durg district, some 30 km west of capital Raipur, has an annual production capacity of over 5 million tonnes.
“The government of India has said in an announcement that Bhilai Steel Plant would receive the PM’s Trophy for year 2009-10 from the prime minister at a function in New Delhi to be held March 20 this year,” a plant statement said.
The award, which comprises a cash element of Rs.2 crore, is given to integrated steel plants (ISPs) on the basis of an evaluation by a panel of judges appointed every year.
The Prime Minister’s Trophy is awarded to an ISP for its overall performance, customer satisfaction index and observations by the panel of judges based on plant visits.
- Bhilai plant wins trophy for best steel unit - Nov 13, 2009
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- MPs visit SAIL mining site in Chhattisgarh - Jun 04, 2011
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- Four tiger cubs born in Chhattisgarh zoo - Jun 22, 2011
- Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever Q-1 output - Jul 02, 2010
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit - Feb 01, 2010
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit, production affected (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to plant six crore saplings this monsoon - Jun 12, 2010
- Bhilai steel plant to set up two oxygen units - Mar 29, 2010
- Chhattisgarh justifies action against Steel Authority unit - Sep 16, 2009
- Bhilai Steel Plant targets 5.8 mn tonnes annual output - Jun 16, 2009
- SAIL Bhilai unit set to return to normal production - Feb 09, 2010
- Steel authority set to bag Chhattisgarh iron ore reserve - Aug 12, 2009
Tags: 5 million, bhilai steel plant, crore, customer satisfaction index, durg, element, government of india, integrated steel, isp, New Delhi, panel of judges, prime minister, public sector, rs 2, steel authority of india ltd, steel maker, steel plants, trophy