SAIL net down 18.1 percentMay 28th, 2009 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 28 (IANS) State-run Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) Thursday reported an 18.1 percent drop in its net profit for 2008-09 at Rs.6,174.9 crore, down from Rs.7,536.7 crore recorded the year before.
The turnover during the period slipped 9.9 percent to Rs.41,518.7 crore from Rs.46,110.7 crore in 2007-08.
The steel major’s fourth quarter net profit fell 37.4 percent to Rs.14,86.6 crore despite the turnover increasing 10.1 percent during the period.
The company board of directors has recommended a dividend of Rs.1.30 per equity share of Rs.10 each in addition to Rs.1.30 paid as interim dividend earlier.
- SAIL pays government Rs.425.36 crore interim dividend (With Image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Tube Investments logs 37 percent net profit growth - Apr 30, 2012
- ONGC's third quarter net profit down five percent - Feb 08, 2012
- Indian Oil posts Rs.12,670 crore quarterly net profit - May 28, 2012
- NTPC quarterly net profit rises 15 percent - Oct 25, 2011
- SBI quarterly profit soars to Rs.4,050 crore - May 18, 2012
- NTPC's third quarter net falls 10.16 percent - Jan 27, 2012
- Bank of India quarterly net profit rises 93 percent - Apr 30, 2012
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- TCS quarterly net profit rises 18.2 percent - Jan 17, 2012
- TCS profit jumps 37.4 percent in April-June quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Hero Honda quarterly net profit plunges 16.2 percent - May 04, 2011
- Indian Bank net profit up 7 percent - Apr 23, 2011
- HDFC Bank Q4 profit up 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki's Q4 net profit down three percent - Apr 28, 2012