Sahara India inks deal with Korean firm for 6,000-MW power projectAugust 17th, 2011 - 8:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Sahara India Power Corporation Wednesday said it will set up a total 6,000-megawatt capacity in thermal power plants in India in association with government-run South Korean firm Korea East-West Power Company.
The companies have entered into an agreement to jointly participate in tariff-based bidding for ultra mega power projects and other opportunities in India to add up to a total capacity of 6,000 megawatts, an official statement said.
The new deal follows an earlier tie-up between Sahara India Power Corporation and Korea East-West Power Company for setting up of two 660 megawatt power plants at Titlagarh in Orissa with an investment of nearly Rs.8,000 crore.
“The association will bring in world-class high-end technological advancements in power generation and the establishment of 6,000 MW of power plants through mega and ultra mega projects will help in reducing power deficit in our country,” Ashok Bhargava, chief executive of Sahara India Power Corporation, said after signing the agreement.
- Reliance Power total income rises 124 percent in 2011-12 - May 27, 2011
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Soon half of India's power from private sector: Power Minister (Interview) - Jul 24, 2011
- GVK Energy to set up two thermal power plants in Andhra - Jan 13, 2012
- Energy sector deals worth Rs.7.38 lakh crore at Gujarat summit - Jan 13, 2011
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- National Aluminium on a major diversification drive: Chairman - Jul 28, 2011
- Tata Power's 800 MW thermal plant operational in Gujarat - Jul 19, 2012
- Shanghai Electric to supply equipment for Haldia plant - Sep 15, 2011
- Tamil Nadu power generator to float tenders for two power projects - Jan 30, 2012
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- JK Group to invest Rs.1,300 crore in power sector foray - Apr 19, 2011
- India to have 2 GW solar power capacity by 2013 - Nov 09, 2011
- Cabinet nod for petrochemical region in Tamil Nadu - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: ashok, bhargava, chief executive, india inks, india power, korea, mega power, megawatts, new deal, New Delhi, orissa, power generation, power projects, rs 8, sahara india, south korean firm, technological advancements, thermal power plants, thermal power plants in india