S.Africa to display technology for converting coal into gas and liquidFebruary 18th, 2009 - 7:19 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.18 (ANI): During the upcoming International Engineering and Technology Fair (IETF) 2009, South African company Sasol will be showcasing technology to convert coal into gas and liquid forms.
This technology can be harnessed to meet Indias energy requirement, said the country’’s High Commissioner to India, Sehloho Francis Moloi.
Addressing a press conference organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to announce the 18th edition of IETF 2009, Moloi further stated: “South Africas partnership during IETF 2009 is aimed towards achieving bilateral trade target of 12 billion dollars by 2010 from the current 6.2 billion dollars trade.”
The IETF 2009 is a CII flagship international event which is scheduled to be held from February 23 to 26 in Bengaluru.
An internationally recognized exposition, the IETF 2009 will showcase seasoned group of exhibitors displaying interplay of concept, complexity, and scale.
South Africa will be partnering IETF for the second time with the objective to showcase South Africas entrepreneurial and technical expertise; promote trade & industrial cooperation and develop strategic partnership.
South Africa will be showcasing an impressive International Pavilion with 74 exporters across sectors including Aerospace, Marine, Defense, Steel, Electro technical, Manufacturing Technologies. Some of the participating companies are Rand Merchant Bank, Ibibo, CypheRix, Bateman Engineering, Howard Manufacturing, South Africa Airways and South Africa Tourism amongst others.
A Conference on Investment Opportunities in South Africa is also scheduled. Other than trade aspects it will focus on Arts and Crafts, Food and Beverages.
Japan as the guest country is making its participation for the third time, with prime focus on new and non-renewable sources of energy. The existing synergies between the two economies will showcase technological cooperation once again on this platform. State of Karnataka is the partnering state for IETF 2009.
The State will display its industrial strengths across varied sectors and potential investment opportunities. The exclusive environment that has bred Karnatakas Technological expertise will be put under the spotlight in the Karnataka Pavilion at the IETF.
Jardine Omar, Counsellor, South Africa High Commission, said that the South Africa pavilion would be spread across a 4000 square metre area. The participants from South Africa will showcase technology, engineering, manufacturing, collection of unique art and craft. During IETF 2009, South Africas participation is expected to generate business of over 10 million Rand.
In his welcome remarks, Gurpal Singh, Deputy Director General, CII, said, IETF was started in 1975 as a platform for exploring new avenues of business. IETF 2009 is spread over the area of 25,000 sqm and will be housing around 500 overseas participants from 25 countries. The ratio of domestic and overseas participation is 60:40.
Singh further said: “IETF 2009 is structured as a comprehensive B2B event, segmented into well-defined technological sections of engineering and manufacturing. The upcoming exposition is strategically planned to stage six concurrent pavilions, namely Robo Expo 2009; Energy and Environment 2009; IETF Global 2009; Manufacturing 2009; Auto Parts Pavilion and Safe 2009. The biennial exhibition this time has special focus on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).” (ANI)
- South Africa hopes to double trade with India to $12 bn - Feb 18, 2009
- UAE companies happy with 19th IETF held in India - Feb 12, 2011
- India, South Africa to cooperate in SME sector - Nov 15, 2011
- Exhibitions light up eighth edition of India-Africa conclave - Mar 21, 2012
- India is fifth largest wind energy producer: Anand Sharma - Feb 10, 2011
- India International Trade Fair 2010 begins in New Delhi - Nov 14, 2010
- India to showcase biotech strength in US - Jun 26, 2011
- South Asia's largest machine tool expo opens in Bangalore - Jan 20, 2011
- Not a carnival, but defence exposition is not any less - Mar 31, 2012
- Carborundum Universal turns acquisitive in South Africa - Jun 19, 2012
- India business delegation visits South America - Jul 06, 2012
- Hyundai to showcase multi-purpose vehicle HND-7 at Auto Expo - Dec 29, 2011
- For South Africa, Delhi trade fair is road to global market - Nov 15, 2011
- Indian business showcase opens in Ghana Monday - Jul 08, 2012
- Bangalore IT trade fair to focus on innovation - Oct 04, 2011
Tags: bateman engineering, confederation of indian industry, cypherix, energy requirement, food and beverages, industrial cooperation, international engineering, liquid forms, manufacturing technologies, prime focus, rand merchant bank, renewable sources of energy, south africa airways, south africa tourism, south africas, strategic partnership, target, technical manufacturing, technological cooperation, trade aspects