Sacked bank employee takes to cheating, heldMay 2nd, 2009 - 9:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 2 (IANS) A 20-year-old man has duped many people and a private bank that had fired him due to the global economic downturn, police said Saturday, adding that he has been arrested along with his accomplice.
Vishal Aggarwal, a resident of Faridabad in Haryana and wanted in many cheating cases, and his friend Ravinder Kumar, also 20, were arrested Friday from Ambedkar Nagar in south Delhi, police said.
Police have recovered a Tata Indica car and several credit and debits cards of various banks from them.
“They adopted a unique modus operandi for cheating people and forged credit cards and PAN cards in the name of reputed customers, having good bank balance, as accused Vishal worked earlier with Kotak Mahindra Bank as assistant manager in the credit card department in Laxmi Nagar Branch,” said Additional Deputy Police Commissioner Rishi Pal.
“Due to recession in world economy, Vishal, a Delhi University graduate, was thrown out of the job by the bank,” he added.
Kumar, a graduate of Meerut University, worked as bouncer in Asoka Hotel’s discotheque Capitol.
Police said the accused were arrested after the bank’s senior manager Rohit Saxena registered a case with police.
“Vishal in his interrogation revealed that to make quick and big money they started stealing customers’ data from the bank,” Rishi Pal said.
Police said they had cheated the bank of Rs.900,000.
- Former bank employees arrested for cheating - Feb 03, 2012
- Gang of credit card cheats busted - Jan 28, 2011
- ATM card racket busted - Jan 13, 2012
- Man arrested for credit card fraud - Oct 24, 2010
- Wells Fargo to charge $3 fee per month for debit cards - Aug 17, 2011
- 3 held for trying to leak SBI exam paper (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Conman dupes by posing as cop, held - Jun 19, 2012
- Insurance manager held for duping over 60 people in Delhi - Aug 11, 2009
- Eight held for credit card fraud - Oct 20, 2011
- Vehicle thieves' gang busted in Punjab, 6 held - Nov 09, 2010
- Rs.16 crore credit card racket busted in Bangalore - Oct 28, 2011
- Disco-loving cops colour Chandigarh crime scene - Dec 14, 2011
- Fake job racket, headed by Delhi Police constable, busted - Apr 30, 2012
- Man withdraws lakhs from girlfriend's account, caught - Feb 16, 2011
- Man held for debit card fraud - Jun 17, 2011
Tags: accomplice, asoka, bank balance, bouncer, capitol police, cheating cases, debits, delhi police, delhi university, deputy police commissioner, economic downturn, faridabad, haryana, meerut university, pan cards, private bank, south delhi, tata indica car, vishal, world economy