Ryanair to offer standing room ‘vertical seats’ to passengers for just $10July 3rd, 2010 - 1:38 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Dublin, July 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Ryanair has done it again. After the introduction of pay toilets, this time around they are going to offer ‘vertical seats’ to passengers for around $10. The only saving grace in this scheme is that the vertical seats would be implemented on only short duration flights.
The CEO of the airline – Michael O’Leary disclosed the idea and also added that the company is planning to convert the last ten rows of the seats into an area where passengers can stand in their ‘vertical seats’.
However these plans have yet to get the green light from the civil aviation authorities. Even the safety officials of the European Aviation Safety Agency added that the whole idea seems quite far-fetched to say the least, and there are very few chances that the project would be given the nod. “This is unprecedented and unlikely to be certified in the near future,” according to a spokesman for the European Aviation Safety Agency.
Ryanair is hoping to convert around 250 of its normal planes into planes, which boast of the ‘vertical seats’. There would also be a charge to change the structure of each plane and the company officials are thinking that they can reimburse the charges by putting a $1.5 toilet fee for the onboard passengers.
- Irish Airline Plans To Remove Seating for "Standing Room Only" Flights - Jul 03, 2010
- Ryanair CEO: 'We are serious about charging a toilet fee' - Apr 10, 2010
- Sack airline boss to cut costs, says pilot - Sep 15, 2010
- Ryanair To Charge Toilet Fee & Raise Seasonal Luggage Charge - Apr 08, 2010
- Ryanair plans standing seats to cut costs - Jul 01, 2010
- New aircraft seat to cram more passengers - Sep 14, 2010
- Airline plans to show porn on flights - Nov 08, 2011
- Ryanair pilot's cost cutting idea: replace boss Michael O'Leary - Sep 15, 2010
- Ryanair Slaps Toilet Fee On Fliers To Boost Revenue - Apr 10, 2010
- Ryanair confirms that it is going to charge a 'toilet-fee' - Apr 08, 2010
- Ryanair Determined To Charge A Toilet Fee On Its Flights - Apr 08, 2010
- European airlines cancel more than 500 flights as volcanic ash spreads - May 24, 2011
- Ryanair To Charge For Toilet Usage - Apr 08, 2010
- Ryanair slammed for 'fun in the sun' ads that led to chilly destinations - Apr 27, 2011
- Ryanair to axe pilots and train airhostesses to land in crisis - Sep 06, 2010