RwandAir orders two Next-Generation 737-800 jets from BoeingMay 7th, 2010 - 4:41 am ICT by BNO News
SEATTLE (BNO NEWS) – Boeing and RwandAir on Thursday announced an order for two Next-Generation 737-800 jets.
Based in Kigali, Rwanda, the airline is expanding its fleet to broaden its network. RwandAir currently operates a fleet of regional jets.
“Boeing’s Next-Generation 737-800s will enable us to eventually expand to regional hubs across Africa and the Middle East,” said RwandAir Chairman John Mirenge. “They will become the mainstay of our fleet.”
“Boeing is honored that RwandAir has selected the Next-Generation 737-800 to support its fleet and growth strategy,” said Vice President of Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes Marlin Dailey. “The airplane offers reduced operating costs and environmental impact, as well as a new cabin interior that will delight RwandAir’s customers.”
The new 737 Boeing Sky Interior features bigger stowage bins that pivot up and out of the way, and sculpted side walls that draw attention to the windows. The new design creates a more open feel in the cabin with overhead lighting that resembles the sky.
Financial details were not discussed, but it’s estimated that Boeing’s 737-800 variant cost around $85 million.
- Turkish Airlines orders twenty Boeing 737 airplanes - Mar 08, 2010
- Alaska Airlines orders 15 additional Boeing aircraft - Jan 26, 2011
- Air Austral, Okay Airways and Qatar Airways order new Boeing aircraft - Jul 21, 2010
- New Boeings to help expand network: SpiceJet - Nov 08, 2010
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Air Lease to purchase 60 next-generation 737s from Boeing - Jul 20, 2010
- Second Boeing plane for Indian Navy completes first flight (with images) - Jul 17, 2012
- Luxair Luxembourg Airlines to buy one Boeing Next-Generation 737-800 jetliner - Jun 02, 2010
- Malaysian Airline eyes Indian, Chinese markets - Nov 08, 2010
- Flydubai gets 13 Boeing 730-800 aircraft - Dec 23, 2010
- SpiceJet announces order for 30 new Boeing aircraft - Jul 27, 2010
- Spicejet to fly to Colombo, Kathmandu next month - Sep 07, 2010
- Boeing opens new Poseidon production facility - Nov 12, 2010
- Boeing's first 787 Dreamliner set to fly - Aug 08, 2011
- Boeing confirms P-8A Poseidon airframe's structural integrity - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: airplane, bno, boeing, boeing commercial airplanes, boeing seattle, cabin interior, chairman john, environmental impact, financial details, fleet, growth strategy, kigali rwanda, mainstay, marlin, next generation, overhead lighting, regional hubs, regional jets, side walls, stowage