Rwanda delegation to visit India for investmentOctober 17th, 2011 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IANS) A business delegation from Rwanda led by Agriculture Minister Agnes Kalibata will visit Indian metros staring with New Delhi Tuesday to attract investment in the east African nation.
The delegation, comprising private and public sectors, will inform Indian businesses about the compelling narrative of one of Africa’s most innovative countries abundant in trade and business opportunities, the Federation of Indian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (FISME) said in a statement.
Rwanda is located in the middle of the commercial heartland of east and central Africa.
The delegation will hold road shows in Delhi, Banglore and Chennai Oct 18, 20 and 21 in collaboration with FISME and will focus on sectors including engineering, agriculture, construction and real estate, phamaceuticals and electronics.
The Rwanda minister will be accompanied by Rwanda’s High Commissioner to India, Williams Nkurunziza, Permanent Secretary, Trade and Industry Emmanuel Hategeka as well as Clare Akamanzi, the chief operating officer, Rwanda Development Board and main sponsor of the event.
The World Bank’s Doing Business Report (2010) ranks Rwanda as the top pro-business reformer in the world.
Since 2005, Rwanda has registered economic growth rates of over 7 percent, with growth in 2008 hitting a high 11.2 percent.
Located at the heart of Africa, it provides businesses a strategic launching pad for foraying into east and central African market of nearly 200 million people and a combined GDP of over $100 billion.
- Rwanda taps India for food security, investment - Oct 18, 2011
- Rwanda looks to India for fresh investment - Oct 16, 2011
- India, Rwanda sign pacts; to ramp up business ties - Feb 17, 2012
- Rwanda seeks India's support for UN seat - Jun 29, 2012
- Rwanda beckons Indian investors, entrepreneurs - Oct 25, 2010
- Burundi president to meet PM Tuesday - Sep 17, 2012
- Indian firm to invest $250 mn in knowledge, food processing hubs in East Africa - Dec 18, 2010
- India, UN to help growth in Rwanda - Apr 11, 2011
- 'Never again' says Rwanda on 18th anniversary of genocide - Apr 08, 2012
- India-Africa conclave to discuss projects worth $30 billion - Mar 11, 2012
- Indian business showcase opens in Ghana Monday - Jul 08, 2012
- African countries invite Indian investment in agriculture - Jun 21, 2012
- Bharti Airtel gets license for 2G, 3G services in Rwanda - Sep 08, 2011
- Projects worth $30 billion discussed at India-Africa conclave - Mar 20, 2012
- Rwanda ties up with three Indian industry associations - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: agriculture minister, banglore, business delegation, business report, central africa, chennai, chief operating officer, east african nation, economic growth rates, emmanuel, heart of africa, indian businesses, indian metros, launching pad, permanent secretary, phamaceuticals, pro business, public sectors, reformer, small and medium enterprises