Russians nudge Britons from top in GoaMarch 22nd, 2012 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, March 22 (IANS) Russian tourists have finally knocked off their British counterparts from the top of the tourist arrival figures in Goa, which is known for its sandy and sunny beaches.
According to the state Economic Survey 2011-12 report tabled in the assembly, the number of Russian tourists arriving in Goa have outnumbered tourists from Britain for the first time in Goa’s tourist history.
The international tourist arrival graph states that 133,683 Russians landed in Goa in 2011 compared to 117,683 from Britain.
The number of Russians coming during winter has nearly doubled from 57,623 last year. In the case of Britons, it dipped from 1.54 lakh last year to 117,683.
In 2011, Russian tourists accounted for nearly 30 percent of total foreign tourist — 445,935.
Also in 2011, 30,234 German tourists came to Goa. Fin and French tourists ranked fourth and fifth.
- British tourists to Goa dip, Russian arrivals shoot up - Aug 02, 2012
- Britons top Goa tourist arrivals - Mar 16, 2011
- Russian, Israeli tourists more of menace to Goa: Faleiro - Aug 14, 2012
- Russians top charter tourist numbers in Goa - May 27, 2011
- Sun shines on Goa's tourism industry amidst monsoon rage (Business Feature) - Jun 26, 2012
- Foreign exchange earnings from tourism surge 50 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- Tourism to Sri Lanka is booming - Jul 20, 2012
- Number of foreign visitors to Spain rises - Apr 26, 2011
- India leads foreign tourists in Sri Lanka (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Over 4,000 foreigners got Indian visa on arrival - May 10, 2011
- Goa tourism to launch Rs.20 mn global ad campaign - Jul 07, 2011
- 'Filthy, expensive Goa no longer attracts German tourists' - Dec 04, 2010
- Goa hosted 2.68 million tourists in 2011-12 - Apr 24, 2012
- Goa bans swimming, water sports on beaches for monsoon - Jun 01, 2012