Russian helicopter maker sets up China plantFebruary 6th, 2012 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 6 (IANS) Russian helicopter maker Rostvertol has partnered with a Chinese firm to set up a plant in northern China, authorities said.
The plant will be capable of manufacturing 100 lightweight civil Mi-2A helicopters annually, the government and the company reported Monday.
Construction of the plant, located near Beijing in Hebei Province, will be completed by the end of July, officials said, adding that the plant will also serve as a repair hub for Russia’s Mi-series choppers in the Asian region, reported Xinhua.
The investment for the first phase of the plant, spread across 47 hectares, was estimated at 1.4 billion yuan ($224 million), Rostvertol’s Chinese partner Hebei Xi’Ao Aeroplane Manufacturing Co. Ltd. said on its website.
- China to get 34 Russian helicopters by August - May 20, 2011
- China allots $19 mn to fight floods - Jul 23, 2012
- Beijing to invest $1.25 bn to halt march of sand - Aug 29, 2011
- Beijing downpour toll rises to 37 (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- IAF chopper fleet to fly high with 300 new machines - Mar 03, 2011
- China to develop heavy-lift helicopter - Nov 08, 2011
- A Chinese couple breaks up with flowers - Jun 24, 2011
- Chinese automaker to develop electric car with US partner - Apr 26, 2012
- Russia to make Mi-171 helicopters for China - Aug 21, 2012
- Over 40 suburban towns of Beijing to be developed - Jun 29, 2011
- Incense stick sold for over one mn yuan - Mar 07, 2011
- China unveils first ultra-light civilian helicopter - Sep 15, 2011
- 50 dead in China rains (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- 13 killed in China factory blast (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- IAF to induct latest Russian military choppers Feb 17 - Feb 06, 2012