Russian gold producer eyes London IPOJanuary 19th, 2012 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Jan 19 (IANS/RIA Novosti) One of Russia’s largest gold producers, Uzhuralzoloto Group, may hold an initial public offering in London to raise $200 million this spring, Kommersant business daily said Thursday quoting banking sources.
The company might sell 25 percent of its shares at the London Stock Exchange, sources said.
“We are absolutely ready (for the IPO), we have complied with all requirements…,” board chairman Konstantin Strukov told the paper, adding Uzhuralzoloto had not yet chosen a lead manager. Banking sources think Renaissance Capital might lead the company’s IPO, Kommersant said.
An investment banker told the paper the company was unlikely to be in high demand as investors are primarily seeking high liquidity in an unstable world market.
Uzhuralzoloto has tried to hold an IPO in 2008, in early 2009 and at the end of 2011, but postponed it each time due to unfavourable market conditions.
The company owns gold deposits with overall reserves at about 12.5 million ounces, in the Chelyabinsk region of the Urals, in the Baikal and Krasnoyarsk regions, and the Khakassia republic in East Siberia.
- Goldman Sachs chosen adviser for Russian airport's sale - Dec 20, 2011
- UAE refuses to extradite Russian corporate crime suspect - Jul 26, 2012
- Drug lab busted in Siberian court building - Feb 04, 2012
- Two killed in Russian train collision - Aug 12, 2011
- Russian media tycoon sells radio stations - May 17, 2012
- Woman in Russia jailed for selling newborn son - Jun 03, 2011
- Software firm denies Russian spy agency tie-up - Aug 28, 2012
- To escape rape, Russian woman jumps from fourth floor - Jul 06, 2012
- Tajikistan asks Russia $250 mn in rent for base - Jul 12, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of Russia's vineyards - Feb 13, 2012
- Gold chain saves man's life - Jun 28, 2012
- Putin's cousin to produce gyrocopters - Aug 04, 2011
- 40,000 Russian firefighters to lose jobs - Jul 10, 2012
- Three Russian journalists detained in Kazakhstan - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: baikal, board chairman, chelyabinsk region, east siberia, exchange sources, gold deposits, gold producer, gold producers, initial public offering, investment banker, khakassia, kommersant, krasnoyarsk, lead manager, london stock exchange, renaissance capital, ria novosti, russian gold, unstable world, urals