Russian firm to operate two oil fields in VenezuelaApril 13th, 2012 - 11:34 am ICT by IANS
Caracas, April 13 (IANS/EFE) Russia’s Gazprombak Latin America Ventures will operate two oil fields in northwestern Venezuela in a joint venture with Corporacion Venezolana del Petroleo, or CVP, the government said.
The government transferred the exploration and production rights for crude and natural gas in the Bachaquero Tierra and Lagunillas Tierra fields, both located in Zulia state, to the joint venture formed by CVP, a unit of state-owned Petroleos de Venezuela, or PDVSA, and Gazprombak, a decree dated April 10 and published in the Official Gazette said.
The joint venture also has the right to gather, transport and store petroleum and natural gas, as well as to provide services “at market prices” to other joint ventures or public companies, the decree said.
The joint venture will operate “during the period of 25 years”, with any disputes “resolved in accordance with the legislation” of Venezuela, the decree said.
The National Assembly approved the joint venture’s charter Feb 7.
Russian gas giant Gazprom plans to explore for gas in blocks in the Gulf of Venezuela after restructuring the terms of two licenses it acquired in 2005 at a cost of $10 million each, the Communications Ministry said last month.
The restructuring of the permits for Gazprom subsidiaries UrdanetaGazprom-2 and UrdanetaGazprom-1 was prompted by the redesign of the Rafael Urdaneta Project in Venezuelan waters.
Gazprom won the bidding for gas exploration and production rights in the Gulf of Venezuela in September 2005.
The gas giant holds the rights to the Rafael Urdaneta Project’s Urumaco-1 and Urumaco-2 blocks, where it started drilling wells in 2007.
- Italian oil giant to invest $7 bn in Venezuela - Jul 16, 2011
- Venezuela, Cuba sign oil exploration treaty - Apr 23, 2010
- Production at Venezuela gas field to start in 15 months - Sep 07, 2012
- Venezuela confirms start-up of oil exploration off Cuba - Sep 06, 2012
- Mexican firm eyeing Cuba offshore oil projects - Apr 13, 2012
- Venezuela to pay nationalized US firms $420 mn - Mar 26, 2012
- Venezuela, Argentina sign 25 accords - Apr 21, 2010
- Japan, South Korea plan big oil investments in Venezuela - Apr 30, 2012
- Mexican firm launches LPG auction - Oct 14, 2011
- Spanish firm to explore for oil in Alaska - Mar 08, 2011
- Venezuela, China sign oil, mining agreements - Dec 24, 2009
- Mexico makes large offshore oil find - Aug 30, 2012
- Venezuela boosts oil sales to China - Aug 14, 2012
- Brazilian oil giant to invest $11 bn in Mexico - Aug 01, 2011
- Venezuela, China announce joint oil venture - Apr 20, 2010
Tags: communications ministry, drilling wells, efe, exploration and production, gas exploration, gas giant gazprom, gazprom, gulf of venezuela, latin america, national assembly, northwestern venezuela, official gazette, oil fields, pdvsa, petroleos de venezuela, rafael urdaneta, russian firm, russian gas, urumaco, venezuela caracas